Hair Conditioner.

jo

Just noticed the above post on British Food. We are about to move to our new home in France and are looking forward to learning to survive with the French versions of everything, just as we did with Spanish items when we arrived in Spain 16years ago. But having scoured the shelves in a few supermarkets I cannot find hair conditioner, I´m going to become a crystal tips lookalike!! Am I going blind? I really don´t want to have to buy gallons of it when visiting the UK. I can survive without pot noodles, PG tips.... well maybe not, bisto and everlasting sliced white loaf, but my hair products ?? aaarrgghh!!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are things that you cannot live without and I'm afraid I still go back to the UK (Boots) to stock up on my favourite beauty products, including my conditioner.  I still can't make the switch to French products.  I presume that I'm not the only one.

I've just looked through some French supermarket bumpf and can't find conditioner - how strange.

Looks like I will be seeing you in Boots then!! But I have noted your help Nell. Mind you the house has such basic washing facilities , which will get worse before better, I´ll be stuck for water first! I can see myself wearing a tasteful paperbag over my head!

Our local SuperU stocks several familiar makes of conditioner (Apres Shampooing) including most of the Pantene range and Timotei.  They seem to be somewhat randomly arranged, however, with some next to the shampoos in the same range and some on the shelves above and below - all in the same general area though, so it's worth a good long look.

Val

if anyone needs any special hair products (like the ones sold by hairdressers) then you can probably find them MUCH cheaper on this website, and they post to France.

I needed some stuff a while ago, bought 2 bottles, got a free gift and paid the postage, for less than the price of 1 bottle from the hairdresser. [:D]

Hi Bubbles, we are in Los Gigantes. West Coast of Tenerife, and while we are not as cold as we will be it is cold this winter, I am wearing a fleece in the mornings while the tourists stroll around in shorts and T-Shirts  Bbbrrrrr!!

[quote user="jo"]Looks like I will be seeing you in Boots then!! But I have noted your help Nell. Mind you the house has such basic washing facilities , which will get worse before better, I´ll be stuck for water first! I can see myself wearing a tasteful paperbag over my head![/quote]

Bit like this you mean Jo. One of my better sides me thinks!

[IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/Jonzjob/BAGONHEAD3-1.jpg[/IMG]

Anyway? Wots all this about soaking your head and hair with nasty chemicals?

If you REALLY want to save money then do as I have been doing for the past 18 years plus! [8-|]

Here we go again I can hear loads of you saying [:D]

Use water, only water and nothing else but water. Much cheaper and not anywhere so many nasties in it.

And if you say that it's OK for me being a bloke with short hair, but my OH has long hair and she started the same time as me. Her hair is MUCH better since she stopped using sham-poo (is that like artifical muck?)

The 'oldtimers' on here know my stand on this one! [8-|][:D]

Me? Married to a milk monitor [:D], no not me [kiss]..

Nice to here that it's still working for you Clair!!

I recon no-poo is much better and saves the pennies over sham-poo?

Who's a poo-head then?[6][6][:-))]

Edit :- Just a thought. If you don't use sham-poo then you don't need con-ditioner me thinks [8-|]. A double saving?

[quote user="Cathy"]

Am I the only girl on this Forum who has long hair?[/quote]

Dunno? But probably not? Do you use sham-poo and con-ditioner (with the emphasis on con!)? [:D]

I must admit that stopping putting poo on yer tete it takes about 3 weeks to settle down and if you have long hair slightly longer. BUT the result is much healthier, thicker, silky and lush hair than you could imajine. As I said before, my OHs hair is much better now and how I love nice long hair!

Come on now Teapot, live up to yer signature and try something different and good for you "If ignorance really is bliss, why aren't more people happy?? "

You are obviously very happy about yer hair being washed with a nasty cocktail. Would you consider washing it with petrol or parafin? No, not a chance, but you chuck all sorts of other dangerous c r a p at it, wash all the natural oils out and then probably try to replace them with more man made chemicals? [:D]

To start it takes about 4 weeks of rinsing it with warm water and it feels itchy. That is about the time it takes for your body to realise that it doesn't need to keep on replacing the oils that the poo has been ripping out. Then it settles down and feels just as normal as if you had ripped out and replaced the natural oils (all be it with chemicals) as with poo and con-ditioner. The difference is that now it is its natural state.

I said earlier that it was 18 years since I have used poo, but it has been 19 years now! Don't time fly. When I am doing my wood work I am in a very dusty atmosphere quite a lot, so if needed I wear a dust mask to protect my breathing and a small hat to keep the dust off of my head, no problems. So if you work in a very dirty atmosphere then all you have to do is to cover up a bit?

Not very often I'm serious is it?[;-)]

Nice to hear that all you ladies are still enjoying 'no poo'!! Bonne année et bonne santé!!