IKEA SALE UK V FRANCE

I have ordered a beddinge sofa bed cover from the IKEA uk site for £40 inc delivery , the same one in France is still €140 [:-))][:@]

Ikea UK only deliver to the UK but at that price I can wait until my next visit to pick it up.

Have you tried Sterling for delivery to France? I know a few people are having stuff delivered now from IKEA in the UK - and some of them are French! Apparently they have delivered a complete 3 piece suite or something - IKEA deliver to Sterling and Sterling take it from there. They charge a percentage for delivery to one of their pick up points. Sometimes worth the hassle for certain items.

I got a quote from Sterling to deliver a 3 pce suite from IKEA to our house in France, it was about the same as IKEA  Bordeaux would have charged and with the prices and exchange rate favouring UK, it was about £200 cheaper using Sterling.[:)]

• 4 weeks later...
Agree completely with comments about IKEA prices.  When we looked at a particular bed, it was nearly £200 dearer in Bordeaux than in the UK.

The best thing about IKEA Bordeaux price-wise is the restaurant, which I can thoroughly recommend [:D]

Gordon

I think you did well to have it from the UK. I had big delivery from an Ikea in France (more than 1500 euros worth), with many dozens of boxes. The delivery men assured us we had the right number of boxes, and some were in excess of 40kg, so I couldn't lift them to properly count and check (my wife was heavily pregnant so couldn't help), and they certainly won't going to wait until we'd taken everything out to make sure it was all there. Turned out we were missing an 80 euro chair. Anyway, we let Ikea know within 2 hours... Long and short of it was, after 4 phone calls, 3 faxes, 2 letters, a dozen emails and 3 months later, they refused to help in anyway at all times. I now just stock up on the free Ikea pencils, until I have 80 euros worth to compensate. :)

I have been in IKEA stores in Wembley, Croydon and Bordeaux many times.

The staff in the Bordeaux store were helpful, polite and informative, even when I was returning the rare faulty item.

I wish they could be sent to train those in the UK stores in customer service.

Customer service OK - levels of authority in Bordeaux awful. Three years ago there was an IKEA family offer on a very flash kitchen tap €120 versus book price € 180. Out of stock, was assured by the kitchen department it would still be €120 when they received the stock. Six weeks latter answer 'phone message that it had been delivered. Picked up from the kitchen department again assured price would be OK. Passed through tills at € 180, hostees de la caise said just take it to the returns area they will refund the extra.

First part took 20 minutes. First line of defence the offer only applied to Family members who joined that day. Second line of defence it only applied to items picked up that day. Much to my amazement I had printed a screen dump of the IKEA offer which contained the full terms and conditions. It then took 40 minutes to find anybody with the authority to refund the €60. rather than refund by credit card they returned €60 in notes.

Very sad to see the door to the training room which used to be labeled 'Malmo' just repainted plain blue.

Also miss the sign in bedding 'If you want any assistance in trying the beds place ask one of our staff'

We stopped at the new Ikea outside Rennes on our last visit to France. Having come from the St Malo ferry we arrived early and had to hang about  for a while as the store does not open until 10.00. Then there was an annoucement saying we could go in at 09.45 for free coffee or have breakfast for 1euro in the restaurant, not bad for the price. It's in quite a rural location but I expect they will soon add to the existing shops and develop it into a full blown Centre Commercial. All in all a pleasant experience and it saved us driving to the one at Bordeaux and coming back in the rush hour traffic.

Is there much of a difference (outside of sale times) between the prices of ikea kitchens France v UK+ the cost of getting it here?

I find the Ikea computer kitchen planner fiddly and longwinded , so don't want to install the UK version to compare bif anyone can give me a quick answer.