Put your name on your post box.

Am currently delivering the phone books over a vast area of countryside. What a cauchmar though when you have no name on a post box either in a hamlet with or without a name also. Please think of us delivery people when you have a home in France and put your name clearly inside the panel in ink that won't fade or disappear with the damp - Thank you!

[quote user="Val_2"]Am currently delivering the phone books over a vast area of countryside. What a cauchmar though when you have no name on a post box either in a hamlet with or without a name also. Please think of us delivery people when you have a home in France and put your name clearly inside the panel in ink that won't fade or disappear with the damp - Thank you![/quote]

[:$] Ooops you just reminded me, ours faded within a few weeks and I keep forgetting to do it again.. sowwy,. any idea if printer ink is less likely to fade??

I think that's probably what happens to most people they do it and it fades with the light or damp and they don't notice[:(]

[quote user="Val_2"]Am currently delivering the phone books over a vast area of countryside. What a cauchmar though when you have no name on a post box either in a hamlet with or without a name also. Please think of us delivery people when you have a home in France and put your name clearly inside the panel in ink that won't fade or disappear with the damp - Thank you![/quote]

I know it is a problem but all the places which have a phone have cable going to them

Val2, I've done that job in England. It was bad enough there, so you have my sympathies.

Anton, you have to go through a mad rigmarole if you can't identify the house and its occupant. The only benefit for Val2 is that she isn't likely to have many multiple occupancies, or high rise flats). .[:D]

Now, they are a killer, and the phone cable is no help at all for any type of dwelling.

[quote user="Tresco"]

Val2, I've done that job in England. It was bad enough there, so you have my sympathies.

Anton, you have to go through a mad rigmarole if you can't identify the house and its occupant. The only benefit for Val2 is that she isn't likely to have many multiple occupancies, or high rise flats). .[:D]

Now, they are a killer, and the phone cable is no help at all for any type of dwelling.

[/quote]

Oh so that's how you meet the stars!  Very glam I must say[:-))]

I met lots of those................................. by working in  Unemployment Benefit Offices around SW London for 20odd years [;-)]

Strangley MOH worked at Thames TV and now Shepperton Studios and never met half as many [8-)]

Anton. Most of our telephone cables here are underground now. The other problem is that "professional" advertisers and many are farming groups MUST sign for their directories if they are at the address. We use a permanent marker on our box which we use for site boards and although it does eventually fade it is waterproof - made by Reynolds and available in any larger supermarket here. I don't think I will do this job again next year,its far too time-consuming to deliver so little in such a large area and parking up can be a nightmare too.

Don't forget to put a sticker on your letterboxes saying " PAS DE PUBLICITE S.V.P". otherwise you'll be swamped with free ads and local supermarket promotions, it's a terrible waste of paper

. Well Bassman I must say i'm disappointed, i thought you may be the ex bass player from Pink Floyd or someone moved over to France inbetween tours.  I think i'll start a "Who's famous on the forum" thread to see who i can find[Www]

"Don't forget to put a sticker on your letterboxes saying " PAS DE PUBLICITE S.V.P". otherwise you'll be swamped with free ads and local supermarket promotions, it's a terrible waste of paper

. Well Bassman I must say i'm disappointed, i thought you may be the ex bass player from Pink Floyd or someone moved over to France inbetween tours.  I think i'll start a "Who's famous on the forum" thread to see who i can find" (the official quote didn't work)

Don't you beleive it Twinkle, the local supermarket promotions are an essential part of life over here, it enables us to plan our shopping and ensure that we can get good deals, like half a pig for the freezer, don't ask what we did with half a head and half a tongue, and where the frsh fish are going to be cheep. The local postie doesn't deliver to those properties that are not fully occupied.

[quote user="Stocky"]

Don't you beleive it Twinkle, the local supermarket promotions are an essential part of life over here, it enables us to plan our shopping and ensure that we can get good deals

[/quote]

Absolutely! [:-))] It took us about 6 months before we realised what we were missing by consigning the publicite to the paper bank unread. We also get the occasional notification of some event or other which we'd have missed without the mailbox flyer.

Twinkle must be too rich to care[:D] I hope so for her sake.

I am constantly entertained by the gruesome food photography, which makes it all worthwhile.

But, one thing with the leaflets/booklets etc, is that the death notice of your neighbour somehow gets slipped in between them, and when you miss it it's mortifying.

[quote user="TWINKLE"]

Don't forget to put a sticker on your letterboxes saying " PAS DE PUBLICITE S.V.P". otherwise you'll be swamped with free ads and local supermarket promotions, it's a terrible waste of paper

. Well Bassman I must say i'm disappointed, i thought you may be the ex bass player from Pink Floyd or someone moved over to France inbetween tours.  I think i'll start a "Who's famous on the forum" thread to see who i can find[Www]

[/quote]

Sorry to disappoint you Twinkle... I wish I was Roger Waters ... well as rich as [:D] Nearest I got was being in a band with Chris Rea's brother LOL [:D]

[quote user="Stocky"]

"Don't forget to put a sticker on your letterboxes saying " PAS DE PUBLICITE S.V.P". otherwise you'll be swamped with free ads and local supermarket promotions, it's a terrible waste of paper

. Well Bassman I must say i'm disappointed, i thought you may be the ex bass player from Pink Floyd or someone moved over to France inbetween tours.  I think i'll start a "Who's famous on the forum" thread to see who i can find" (the official quote didn't work)

Don't you beleive it Twinkle, the local supermarket promotions are an essential part of life over here, it enables us to plan our shopping and ensure that we can get good deals, like half a pig for the freezer, don't ask what we did with half a head and half a tongue, and where the frsh fish are going to be cheep. The local postie doesn't deliver to those properties that are not fully occupied.

[/quote]

What makes it difficult to quote Twinkle's posts is the * in her username [;-)] I just had the same problem "non-matching blocks" removed the * and it worked [;-)]

Owens 88 - presume you mean the phone books. I would imagine as in the past, for those not delivered to or are not full time resident, you can go to your local France Telecom office and they will get you one after checking you are on their list of customers for one otherwise you may end up paying for it.

[quote user="Val_2"]Owens 88 - presume you mean the phone books. I would imagine as in the past, for those not delivered to or are not full time resident, you can go to your local France Telecom office and they will get you one after checking you are on their list of customers for one otherwise you may end up paying for it.[/quote]

Yet another aside, is it actually possible to buy a Yellow Pages and do you have a rough idea how much?