fosse inspection

fussy

There is no charge 'fussy', or at least, we were not charged when we were inspected. Just make sure that access is clear (remove any grass etc from around the lids) and have the coffee on. [:D]

We were given a 'nod of approval' on our fosse together with a slip of paper recording the visit and told that we would receive the full report in due course.

Good Luck.

[quote user="Bugbear"]

There is no charge 'fussy', or at least, we were not charged when we were inspected. Just make sure that access is clear (remove any grass etc from around the lids) and have the coffee on. [:D]

We were given a 'nod of approval' on our fosse together with a slip of paper recording the visit and told that we would receive the full report in due course.

Good Luck.

[/quote]

Was it toilet paper?

We had our inspection in July and the charge will be around 50 Euros - he told me the bill will arrive with the report. There is much discontent locally as this is an annual fee for 3 years for some reason although only one inspection is made.

Our inspection was fairly uneventful although quite amusing when he lifted a manhole cover and revealed some unpleasant looking debris which I knew to be mud but looked like something else. This seemed to cause him some embarrassment although I would have expected him to be used to it.

I also wasn't sure what to think when he stirred up the water in the fosse with his spade and then put it straight back into the boot of his car.

We were not charged for our inspection two years ago.  Had great fun trying to find "the other" inspection hatch which was buried under a stone down in the field.  The inspector had a very technical method for inspection.  He broke a branch off one of our trees and shoved in the inspection chamber, said "bon", threw the branch away and advised to have it emptied every 3 years.  We had to do this this year as we were expecting loads of visitors and the fosse was just about at bursting point.

We went to the local Mairie who organised it all for us and it only cost 170 Euros.  Not bad for the 3 years worth of "usage".

No, that is not the case. In our area ALL homes are having their fosse inspected. When the first letter arrived my neighbour advised me to ignore it and, as I was returning to the UK, I did. I then received a string of letters, none of which coincided with my being in France. Luckily the last letter arrived just before a two week visit as it threatend me with a fine or a spell in prison if I didn't get in touch with the inspector. So you will need to prepare to have a long stick, or spade in my case, inserted into your fosse at some point.

same here. One day, the local person who checks all the fosses turned up and we had no idea who he was and why he had come. After a fair bit of explanation, he came back another day, did his thing and left us the 30 euro bill. All was fine.

Danny

30 - 50 euros to have your errr.... effluent stired?  Sounds like money for old $#%& to me  (rope that is) [:$]

Still, as they say, where there's muck there's brass

Wonder what qualifications you need for this?  Say a hundred houses in a village at even 30€ each and you could do a village a day .... Hmmmm.....