Congratulations Wooly's Bro and Good Luck!  At some point in the future, I shall be asking you to explain how it works in France, you know, the bit with the funds being exchanged so that you get shot of the one property and commit to another.

Also, shall want to know about hiring a removal company in France.  I feel a move coming on, perhaps sooner rather than later although I am doing my utmost to be sensible and keep reminding myself that I should sell before I buy.

Where's you gonna be, Wooly?

In the end, total change of location as family (who are not in UK) sensed that the Pas de Calais did not really press my buttons (and it never, never stops raining there, does it?) and so we decided that I would stay where I wanted to be, in the Vendée. So now to Apremont in the Vendée again, about 100kms away, overlooking the castle and close to the coast. And, thank Frith, a much smaller house.

Ask away sweet 17 when you are ready.

[quote]the Pas de Calais did not really press my buttons (and it never, never stops raining there, does it?[/quote]

Oh yes it does!

It rains much more in Brittany, for example.

The Sept Vallees enjoy a micro-climate.

Best beaches in Europe: golden sand all the way to Normandy.

Sea, sand, more cheese varieties than any where else in la belle France: or so my local French friends tell me. Loads of nice river banks; Lots of  foret still

No skiing though! [:D]

Micro climate it might be, but it is a very wet one Gluey. I've been in the Sept Vallées dozens of times and it has always rained.

And getting very crowded these days, dominated by motorways. And the big towns round about are largely depressed and depressing, apart from the small tarted up bits. I mean, just look at the slums as you slip off the motorway into Abbeville.

That being said, it may be ok to live there for a handful of months a year but full time and alone would be pretty depressing I reckon.

[quote user="Christine Animal"]

Congratulations Wooly !  I'm glad you are staying in the Vendée, I was afraid we were going to lose you for a minute and, after all, it is part of you and you are part of it now, n'est-ce pas?  [8-|]

[/quote]

Now, wasn't that a nice message, Wooly?  You see not everyone here on the forum wishes you'd gone to live in Outer Mongolia! 

I swear that Christine has a soft spot for you.

Only driven past the Vendee on my way to and from the ferry.  In fact, I am not really sure where the Vendee begins and ends.  Perhaps you'd explain?

Christine is a real sweety despite her driving.[6]

Vendée starts about halfway across the Marais Poitevin, coming from the south and goes as far as Noirmoutier and Challans (roughly) in the north. The motorway to Nantes goes right through the middle. In the east are loads of hills and the bocage country whilst the west is quite flat and reclaimed. Great beaches.

Just to cheer up one of my many fans sweet 17, I am thinking of getting a second little place in the Aveyron. Shhhhh, dont tell the one of the Seven Dwarves I am thinking about[6]

I swear you are as wicked as your brother the late Wooly the First!

For goodness' sake, don't even think of getting a place in the Aveyron.  The region is certainly not big enough to contain the two of you!

Now the Marais Poitevin, I wouldn't mind living there but I am sure the place must swarm with mosquitoes with all that water.  Lovely picturesque place though, the part of it that I visited.

Where I am going is about 20 mins away from the coast, woody. From Parthenay it must be, what, two hours to La Tranche or La Rochelle?

And I will be close to the station in Challans which means trains to the centre of Nantes and the TGV.

Plus, there is a degree in History designed for mature students at Nantes Uni..  Which would be bliss.