CA go from bad to worse

Mazan

I always knew that the CA were bad but this takes the biscuit.

The CA have long made a charge of about 15 for receiving incoming transfers from abroad, even though this doesn't actually cost them anything to do. I have just seen a document for a very recent transfer in Euros from the UK that includes not only a fee of 15 for an incoming transfer but also a deduction of 0.5% for "exchange". This is for a transfer received in Euros and credited to a Euro account. This is clearly nothing less than theft.

So, if you are unfortunate enough to use the CA then watch out! If you haven't got a French bank yet then be sure to avoid the CA.

>I have just seen a
>document for a very recent
>transfer in Euros from the
>UK that includes not only
>a fee of 15� for
>an incoming transfer but also
>a deduction of 0.5% for
>"exchange".

When I transfer from our Dutch bank account to our CA account, I get the option: costs to be deducted at both ends / from senders account / or from receivers account.

This is the only charge made and it totals EUR 3,40.

No complaints here.

Adriana.

Am unlucky with having a CA account and we noticed the charges but couldn't quite figure them since we are having euros credited to our account each month.

Is there a letter that we could write to the CA to clarify that since we are having euros paid in why should we be charged. We are considering stopping the transfers each month, holding on the Sterling here, changing it to Euros using one of the commission free exchanges (Post Office) and then depositing it in the CA branch when we get there. We did think to ourselves, do we get charged for making cash deposits!!!!

Sarah

• 2 weeks later...
I will beat that (but before I do so I would like to say they are ever so kind at my CA, its the bank thats bad)

We also have a house Italy. I wanted to send some money to my father in law there so he could pay for some furniture I had ordered (it was about E3,500 in total) so I went into my branch and requested the transfer. Noone had a clue what to do, eventually someone found a form and together they filled it in. I then had to explain to the manager precisely what it was for. It was eventually executed and I paid a total of E75 made up of a whole range of different fees.

So what do I do now when I have to go to Italy and pay some stuff - why I go to my Credit Agricole, draw out a big bundle of cash, drive down to Italy and pay the bundle of cash over the counter to my account at Casa Di Risparmio D'Asti, that believe it or not is the cheapest easiest solution.

Can someone again remind me of the concept of the Euro and also clarify the definition 'integration'

I've used CCF in Royan since last April, friendly and efficient.
Emailed enquiries are usually responded to within 24hrs, I applied via email for the bankers draft to buy my place, and they accepted a scanned in copy of a household bill as proof of my UK address, after I had opened my account (with passport & HSBC Switch Card) and had returned home.

After being introduced to the Directrice, she gave me her direct office number in the event I would prefer to discuss banking problems/questions in English.

I've only ever paid for transfers in the UK, never any charges (so far) from CCF, and they have internet banking should you require it. My Carte Bleu & cheque books were sent to the UK by registered post, (without charge to me) statements are sent to the UK by normal mail. I'm happy so far.....

Rick

Credit Agricole is not a bank;It is a federation of small banks-some just one branch and many have different rules.I've used Credit Lyonnaise for 14 years now and have never had the slightest concern or any unexpected charges.

• 9 months later...