Buying a house - notary fees

caro

[quote user="caro"]You don't pay that much in the UK. It's a huge sum of money, especially when the house that I would like to buy would be in the price range of 350000 euros! Ten percent of that is a very large sum indeed![/quote]

Why the comparison?  you are not buying a house in the UK.

I paid 13% notaires fees as would you if your purchase price had one less zero in it so you can see that the system is regressive and equitable.

Dont forget your estate agants fees which could be another 6.5%!

Now on a more soothing note perhaps your purchase price includes all fees as is often the case when buying through an agent.

good luck.

Not always equitable

A neighbour accepted my offer of 1000€ for a small agricultural plot, well outside any constructable zone. He suggested I check the fees with the Notaire before proceeding.

Even he was amazed to hear that the minimum value used to calculate fees is 1000€. The "acompte" being 1000€, and the Notaire's estimate of actual fees 650 to 800€.

I'm sure I heard somewhere that agricultural land is treated differently from constructable. It wouldn't be the first time this Notaire has given me the wrong information, so I'm going to check with another one next week.

[quote user="caro"]I know that the Notary doesn't get all the money. But I don't want the Government to get it either! It's disgusting. I'd rather give the 9% to a charity.[/quote]

Tell you what

Do not buy a house in France and send the fees that you would have paid to a charity, that way the charity will be pleased and us in France will not have to put up with a whinger

[quote user="Boiling a frog"]

[quote user="caro"]I know that the Notary doesn't get all the money. But I don't want the Government to get it either! It's disgusting. I'd rather give the 9% to a charity.[/quote]

Tell you what

Do not buy a house in France and send the fees that you would have paid to a charity, that way the charity will be pleased and us in France will not have to put up with a whinger

[/quote]

[:D][:D][:D]