Contribution Social Génerlisée

Senga

That's interesting.  We got letters last July (2006) telling us this may happen and that they (DWP Newcastle) would keep us informed as to whether we needed to carry on making our NI contributions but we've never heard anything back.  Do you have a source for this information?  I also don't understand why they would do this when they say there already isn't enough money in the coffers to pay pensions for the aging population?

Even so, many of us who are being "bashed" by the new rules, have worked for 40 years but they are still being classed as "preretraite" and "inactif" by M. Sarkozy, because they are British.  My o/h worked for the same company from the age of 17 to 57 but is still not going to be allowed to pay into the state healthcare sytstem.

Copper, somebody quoted chapter and verse on this recently, I will try to find it. 

A bit of simultaneous posting went on there, Hagar!  See below.

Just a thought has crossed my mind. In the UK women retire at 60 and men at 65. Which means in France a Brit man who is classed as a préretraité would not have health cover from 60 to 65 whereas a woman would get it. Now, doesn't this start to fall under French sexual discrimination laws? Anybody care to have a ferret? Stop you being bored Coops.