French House Price Inflation

Grecian

Another point is that the new builds are often financed in part by the sale of an older style house, perhaps on the death of an elderly relative.

If these sales dry up the paceof new building could also slow down, although I admit there is also an element of the French 'babyboomers' reaching retirement and moving to a nicer area to live, which encourages the construction industry.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish the new builds would stop, its destroying the countryside down here. All the 'decent' as in flat or nicely positioned plots went about 2 years ago. Now they are 'eating' in to the hills to create plots. Every where you look there are lotisments being created. Another set of plots 'appeared' about 2 months ago just down the road. There are quite a few builders advertising in LF magazine with plots on lotisments all over France that are for sale with quite a varied selection when it comes to style of house you can have built on them. We are getting more and more Brits staying who are coming to find a plot and build a house and they now far outweigh those coming to renovate an older property.

[quote user="Albert the InfoGipsy"]

[quote user="Ian"]Go long on Japanese yen, silver, uranium and Berlin property.  If crude oil breaks support at $86, primary trend has reversed so go short.

[/quote]

I love it when you talk dirty!

[/quote]

Just for Albert ... crude is testing the $90/barrel support today. Its more suseptible to the demand slowdown in the US than gold and euros (priced in US$s).  If the $90 holds,  look for resistance at $100 (ie a small bounce up). Primary support for crude is at high $86 (or nearly $87) - a dip below this signals the beginning of a price drop - go short!

keep watching Albert!

PS never take financial advice based on forum posts!  Unless it is this: "Buy my House!" [;-)]

[quote user="Ian"][quote user="Albert the InfoGipsy"]

[quote user="Ian"]Go long on Japanese yen, silver, uranium and Berlin property.  If crude oil breaks support at $86, primary trend has reversed so go short.
[/quote]

I love it when you talk dirty!

[/quote]

Just for Albert ... crude is testing the $90/barrel support today. Its more suseptible to the demand slowdown in the US than gold and euros (priced in US$s).  If the $90 holds,  look for resistance at $100 (ie a small bounce up). Primary support for crude is at high $86 (or nearly $87) - a dip below this signals the beginning of a price drop - go short!

keep watching Albert!

PS never take financial advice based on forum posts!  Unless it is this: "Buy my House!" [;-)]
[/quote]

Waughhhhhhh! Must go & lie down.

Go short and wait for the dead cat bounce. Just a matter of time. Oil will fall to 50 dollars if the USA hits recession. I agree with the Fed. slow growth not recession. The Bears are talking down the market. Bulls have all run for cover but will return and see them off. I'm cool.[8-|]

[quote user="Logan"]Oil will fall to 50 dollars if the USA hits recession. [8-|][/quote]

No it won't. US demand was once the only game in town but the world of oil fundementals has shifted far further than most people appreciate. It might fall that far if someone manages to fomulate "compound X" that catalyses the spliting of water under ambiant conditions by sunlight, or achieves cold fusion or something, but a simple recession? Nope.

[quote user="Logan"]Go short and wait for the dead cat bounce. Just a matter of time. Oil will fall to 50 dollars if the USA hits recession. I agree with the Fed. slow growth not recession. The Bears are talking down the market. Bulls have all run for cover but will return and see them off. I'm cool.[8-|][/quote]

You have no idea how difficult oil extraction is these days. Drop the price to 50 and a large percentage of current extraction ceases to be viable. Or is the above post modernist irony ?

[quote user="Anton Redman"]

post modernist irony ?

[/quote]

Well we all have differing opinions and irony is as good as any. Remember I used the 'R' word. Recessions have degrees of severity but I don't believe the US/Europe is heading there. However if it does expect a massive fall in demand. So unless oil producers turn off the taps the price will fall steadily.