Avis D'Impot - Dumb question

ali-cat

Hello All.

Just received our first Avis D'Impot for 2006.

Yay! - Proof of residence for when we need it;

Yay! - Nothing to pay this time as it only covers 5 months and most of our income is taxed in the UK.

But what do I do with it now?  There is a declaration at the bottom to be signed and dated that states that the revenues declared are all revenues taxable In France; and another space to state the annual total revenues orginating abroad and not taxeable in France.  Do I need to fill this in for Civil Service Pension and Incapacity Benefit taxed in the UK (both of which were declared on the tax return) and once signed and dated - is the form to be returned?

Mr Cat   

I have never noticed that box before. 

I cannot see that it has any immediate function as I normally just pay on line and the avis is filed.  Perhaps you have to sign it and keep it in case you get a visit to check your tax return or for photocopying purposes.

You could ask Mme Riboulet at [email protected] for a definitive answer unless somebody like Les Lauriers knows

[quote user="ali-cat"]But what do I do with it now?  There is a declaration at the bottom to be signed and dated that states that the revenues declared are all revenues taxable In France; and another space to state the annual total revenues orginating abroad and not taxeable in France.  Do I need to fill this in for Civil Service Pension and Incapacity Benefit taxed in the UK (both of which were declared on the tax return) and once signed and dated - is the form to be returned?

Mr Cat[/quote]

Your file it and if / when required to produce a proof of RFR or your non-imposition for instance, photocopy that page and sign where marked, to indicate this is a true copy and you swear it is, on your honour ...

Never give the original away, never include it in any correspondence, but supply a signed copy instead.

The box on page 4 also requires you to insert the amount of your income which is not taxable in France.

I don't understand why, because your revenu mondial - which includes income not taxable in France - is shown with all the other numbers on page 2.  Still, that's what it says.

The full title of my form is Avis d'impôt sur les revenus de 2006 and its reference number is 1533-K: must be a different version of the thing.  It's a double A4 sheet, i.e. four pages, and they are numbered (not very conspicuously) 1 to 4. 

Page 4 is mostly blank, but at the bottom there is a small box headed État civil et adresse (in which the details are already printed) and an even smaller box (Je déclare sur l'honneur, etc) which I think is the one we're talking about.

Somebody must know why there are different versions, but it isn't me.

[quote user="chessfou"][quote] The box on page 4[allanb][/quote]

We're obviously not talking about the same form. I'm on about:
No. 1534 Avis d'Impôt (an A4 page with a second A4 page attached on the right-hand side, referred to by me as page 2).
[/quote]

Its the form No 1534 Avis D'Impot (Impot sur les revenues) that we have but the bottom of page 1 with the para starting "Je declare sur l'honneur" also has a space to insert a total for "Mes autres revenues imposables a l'etranger" etc?

Ok I'm intrigued now - just dug mine out and although same title, the ref is No 1534.   Sounds the same size (Large A3 green/white job folded to make 4 pages) but the reverse is just blurb/notes.

Anyone else?

EDIT:  Snap, Ali-cat you beat me to it - but what can we deduce about allenb and is he the exception or are we?[:D]

[quote user="ali-cat"]

Hello All.

Yay! - Nothing to pay this time as it only covers 5 months and most of our income is taxed in the UK.

But what do I do with it now?  There is a declaration at the bottom to be signed and dated that states that the revenues declared are all revenues taxable In France; and another space to state the annual total revenues orginating abroad and not taxeable in France.  Do I need to fill this in for Civil Service Pension and Incapacity Benefit taxed in the UK (both of which were declared on the tax return) and once signed and dated - is the form to be returned?

Mr Cat   

[/quote]

Hello Mr Cat,

I understand that Incapacity Benefit should be paid without UK tax deduction, and then be declared as a gross amount on the French tax form for French tax to be paid.

I am in receipt of Incapacity Benefit, and I was firmly told that this was taxable in France.

Hope this helps,

David

[quote user="David"][quote user="ali-cat"]

Hello All.

Mr Cat   

[/quote]

Hello Mr Cat,

I understand that Incapacity Benefit should be paid without UK tax deduction, and then be declared as a gross amount on the French tax form for French tax to be paid.

I am in receipt of Incapacity Benefit, and I was firmly told that this was taxable in France.

Hope this helps,

David

[/quote]

Thanks David.  Our incapacity benefit is not taxed as such in the UK but the amount we receive is netted off our UK tax free allowances so we pay more tax on our ill-health pensions.  IB was declared on our Freanch tax return but as taxed in the UK. We can elect to have IB treated as taxable in France by returning form FD5 (I think - form France Individual) to the UK authorities which couldn't be done until we made our first tax return.  This has now been done but haven't heard anything back yet.

For the record our 1534 form is the Two A4 page version with just 'blurb' on the back.  The different forms presumably wouldn't be anything to do with whether or not you have any income arising abroad?  - Too simple?

• 7 months later...