Tax refund

Carole

Sorry if this has been answered before but I have searched.

I have just had a wood burner installed and was advised that I can claim part of the cost of this back against my tax. Which form/section do I need to make the claim.

Thanks

Carole

I believe I know about this one, Carole.

Provided that this is your main residence, then you claim in Section 7 Box WF on your tax form[:)].  You need to include the original invoices for the work.  AND the appliance has to have been bought and installed by the same registered artisan.

I am answering for once with some confidence because Clair has only recently answered a question I posed on this very same subject!

I know the answer to this one too - like Sweet 17 I had invaluable help from this forum [:)]

I rung the company who installed the insert and was told that I could only claim back for the actual insert ... none of the 'associated bits' ... and that I should just put the full amount (TTC) in box WF and the impot would do the rest ... hope that helps too.

[quote user="sweet 17"]

I believe I know about this one, Carole.

Provided that this is your main residence, then you claim in Section 7 Box WF on your tax form[:)].  You need to include the original invoices for the work.  AND the appliance has to have been bought and installed by the same registered artisan.

I am answering for once with some confidence because Clair has only recently answered a question I posed on this very same subject!

[/quote]

If you are a French tax payer I believe you can claim even if it is not your main residence.

[quote user="Cendrillon"]If you are a French tax payer I believe you can claim even if it is not your main residence. [/quote]

I'm not certain this is the case.

[quote]Vous pouvez bénéficier de ce crédit d’impôt que vous soyez propriétaires, locataires ou occupants à titre gratuit de votre résidence principale.

Source: http://www3.finances.gouv.fr/calcul_impot/2008/pdf/form-2041-GR.pdf[/quote]