Caisse d'Epargne?

Jonzjob

We are toying with the idea of changing our bank to Caisse d'Epargne. Does anyone have experience of them please?

PM if it's against the forum rules 'cause I don't want to upset the 'milk monitors' if i can help it [:D]!!!

[quote user="Jonzjob"]We are toying with the idea of changing our bank to Caisse d'Epargne. Does anyone have experience of them please?[/quote]

Hi Jonzjob

We have an account with the Caisse d'Epargne of Languedoc Roussillon.  Opened 6 months ago to manage our business finance (its a personal account, so don't tell anyone!).  Opened by doing the whole initial booking of an appointment online and through e-mail.  Amazed at speed of response and the fact that my local branch were expecting me whan I turned up!

Very efficient at dealing with cheques deposited in the drop boxes inside or through the night drop box.  Good quality (free) on line banking.  Very efficient when I accidentally wrote one digit wrong when depositing a cheque in the box, sorted within 48 hours of me discovring what I had done.

Depending on what branch you use, you may find the opening hours very restrictive.

Overall, very happy.[:D]

I opened an account with them at my local branch for some friends - it took half an hour and was really straigtforward.  They were really efficient and helpful, and waived the Carte Bleu charges for the first year as they were new customers.  Pretty bloomin' rare event in the French banking system imo.

We are with them, and would say also not a  business bank, last year they managed to lose an english cheque for 58 days it was England RBS who helped me located it and tell the bank here how to find it in the mean time we had nothing to live off and no overdraft was allowed even with proof of funds being in the opposite account,we incurred all sorts of charges from accounts that could not be paid by dd the only reimbursemets were the ones directly charged by the bank. At one time no one could help us sort out the problem because the director was on a quinze jour holiday!! To be fair I don't have experiance of other banks here so cannot really compare. They used to be apparently a savings bank rather than a general bank so this may account for the lack of business accumen. The logo of the squirrel is cute though.

XX

Found them to be first class for business and private. Quick to respond, creative in solving tax pitfalls, polite, friendly and never had a problem in over 4 years with them. SG has caused us a few problems in the past.

ams

Have banked with them for just over 2.5 yrs (total 4 accounts now - 1 joint, 1 business, 2 Livret A) no problems, handy to be able to make instant transfers on-line between the various accounts and cheaper than most. Of course, as with any business it depends on the luck of the draw with your branch and your "conseiller" but I have heard very few horror stories about them.

• 4 weeks later...

Valverde is generally thought to have underperformed in this year's TdF but at least Cd'E didn't have anyone ejected for drugginess, unlike CA. All these points have to be considered when thinking of changing banks. Life can be too complicated sometimes, don't you think ?

John