Premium bonds

Pads

Yes, as houses, but.......................

From the NS&I Terms & Conditions.

Customers who live outside the United Kingdom (this also applies to customers living in the Channel Islands and Isle of Man)

For all investments by customers who live outside the UK, we need

documentary evidence of identity and address. The following documents

must be sent for all persons named on the application who live outside

the UK:

• a certified copy* of their current passport or official identity card; and

• a certified copy* of a letter or notification from their local tax authority, which must include their name and current address.

We are also required to obtain the tax identification number (TIN),

where one has been issued, for all persons named on the application who

live outside the UK. We also need details of date and place of birth.

Please supply these details on a separate sheet of paper.

Please note, we cannot accept your application if it does not include all the documents and details requested above.

* “Certified copy” means a copy certified by an Embassy, Consulate

or High Commission of the country of issue or by a lawyer or attorney.

The copy must be dated and signed “Original seen”. When copying

passports, you do not need to include any blank pages or pages

containing visa stamps. For residents of the Channel Islands and Isle of Man only,

copies can be certified by a professional person such as a banker,

authorised financial intermediary, mortgage broker regulated by the

FSA, teacher, doctor, minister of religion or civil servant. The person

signing the copy must give their full name, address and occupation.

Funny you should answer !![:)] I have been waiting for you to turn up on my door step with a chq !! Im still in the UK at the mo. , but will I still be allowed to keep them when I move. although we will be keeping a flat here for an address.   

[quote user="Pads"]Funny you should answer !![:)] Im still in the UK at the mo. , but will I still be allowed to keep them when I move. although we will be keeping a flat here for an address.   [/quote]

You can keep them - no problem with nsandi - but you will need to declare any 'winnings' to the French IR if you decide to live here as they are classed as income and not tax-free winnings - as you do not lose your stake, as in the Lottery, if you should win.

Sue

[quote user="Will"]

[quote user="Russethouse"]You should search Money Saving Expert for the low down on them - [/quote]

Is that the same Money Saving Expert site that recommended everybody to put all their spare cash in Icesave? [;-)]

[/quote]

Yes, and the same one that pointed out the different guarantee scheme each time they did too -

• 1 month later...

In an earlier thread by Suein56.

‘ - but you will need to declare any 'winnings' to the French IR if you decide to live here as they are classed as income and not tax-free winnings - as you do not lose your stake, as in the Lottery, if you should win.’

This same advice has been given by a well advertised ‘financial advisor’ whose financial advice to me turned out to be disastrous, so I have my doubts.

With due respect to you Sue, are you 100% certain this is the case?  I have been told that some tax offices regard bonds the same as the lotto and any winnings and are not subject to tax.

Any thoughts?

[quote user="Cat"]

I've just remembered that I had several premium bonds bought for me as a child, and found this site where it is possible to launch a search for possible wins for those (like me) who have no idea where the original paperwork has gone.

http://www.mylostaccount.org.uk/

[/quote]

But if you still have your bonds, you can check for free here http://www.nsandi.com/

Oops, that'll teach me to read posts backwards; just found this info on an earlier post