I have nothing but contempt for SFR for several reasons, (including debiting eldest sons account without him signing a contract!).  It would appear  that they are in a bit of financial difficultly with a rather large debt, according to some sources.

Free pourrait sauver (Altice) SFR de la faillite, des millions d’abonnés concernés

Avec une dette abyssale atteignant les 60 milliards d'euros, la santé du groupe Altice de Patrik Drahi a pris un sérieux coup dans l'aile. Pour faire rentrer de l'argent dans les caisses, l'hommes d'affaires envisage de vendre certains actifs, notamment Meo, l'opérateur numéro 1 au Portugal. Et visiblement, Free pourrait être intéressé par cette acquisition.  elle a perdu pas moins de 100 000 abonnés au cours du premier trimestre 2023.

https://www.phonandroid.com/free-pourrait-sauver-sfr-de-la-faillite-des-millions-dabonnes-concernes.html

Years ago I was with Neuf which was subsequently taken over by SFR.

When Sosh came into being I decided to résilier my contract with SFR.  It was like pulling teeth.  When I eventually evaded their grasp, they sent me a final bill.

Fortunately in those days, you could still pay by monthly cheques and not direct debit.  After seeking opinions on this very forum, I decided to ignore the bill.  Someone, probably Chancer, told me to just rip up the bill.  So I did!😂

19 hours ago, Lori said:

Sadly, these days, they'll send any unpaid factures to a Collections Agency and they will hound you until they get the money.

We changed when the 'engineer' who eventually arrived to rectify a physical  fault with the line into the house, wouldn't go up the ladder.  Friends still with SFR seem to put up with a service which cuts out very often. I'm wondering how the mobile offshoots will be affected? I am with Pixel who, I believe, use SFR, and they are excellent,so far.