Bayonne is the place to be Ken

Like you keep telling us Ken…you live in the best area of France.

Or do you just live in France like the rest of us…

1 murder…and 5 alleged rapes.

https://www.bfmtv.com/police-justice/fetes-de-bayonne-trois-hommes-recherches-apres-la-mort-d-un-homme-violemment-agresse_AN-202308040258.html

https://www.bfmtv.com/police-justice/fetes-de-bayonne-une-cinquieme-plainte-pour-viol-deposee_AN-202308040405.html

yep…might give that area a miss.

Edited by alittlebitfrench

10 hours ago, alittlebitfrench said:

Like you keep telling us Ken…you live in the best area of France.

Or do you just live in France like the rest of us…

1 murder…and 5 alleged rapes.

https://www.bfmtv.com/police-justice/fetes-de-bayonne-trois-hommes-recherches-apres-la-mort-d-un-homme-violemment-agresse_AN-202308040258.html

https://www.bfmtv.com/police-justice/fetes-de-bayonne-une-cinquieme-plainte-pour-viol-deposee_AN-202308040405.html

yep…might give that area a miss.

You are confused, as usual! It is you continuously  whinging about France that is repetitive. Not me saying I live in the best area in France, more of your childish  nonsense. Trying to score points on the back of someone being killed and others being raped isn't exactly commendable. 

The Bayonne Fete produces, every year, some serious crime. That is nothing new. I'm surprised you didn't drag up past newspaper reports to 'substantiate' your childish comment. At any mass gathering there  will be crime, no matter where or in which country. Fortunately many thousands enjoyed the Fete, without whinging!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All of us no matter where we live in France, think our "bit" is the best. After 20 odd years we begin to lose the rose tinted glasses and accept that there bad bits, although as most immigrant Brits live in the deep county side life is pretty quiet.

9 minutes ago, NickP said:

All of us no matter where we live in France, think our "bit" is the best. After 20 odd years we begin to lose the rose tinted glasses and accept that there bad bits, although as most immigrant Brits live in the deep county side life is pretty quiet.

You may be right, in a general sense. However, I have never said I live in the best area in France and I don't even think of it in those terms. So no, 'all of us' do not think like that. I have said the Pays Basque is one of the most attractive regions you could find anywhere in France, even the world and no one could dispute that. I have aIso said that I am perfectly happy living here; To say; I live in the 'best' area in France would be a rather stupid thing to say. People have their own preferences and likes. ALBF is rather dim in that he 'quotes' me incorrectly.  He tries to score points with his nonsense and  continuously makes a fool of himself.

I have lived here for 24 years and from day one I knew there were 'bad' bits!!! This is Basque Country don't forget!!! No rose tinted glasses I can assure you. 

4 hours ago, Ken said:

You are confused, as usual! It is you continuously  whinging about France that is repetitive. Not me saying I live in the best area in France, more of your childish  nonsense. Trying to score points on the back of someone being killed and others being raped isn't exactly commendable. 

The Bayonne Fete produces, every year, some serious crime. That is nothing new. I'm surprised you didn't drag up past newspaper reports to 'substantiate' your childish comment. At any mass gathering there  will be crime, no matter where or in which country. Fortunately many thousands enjoyed the Fete, without whinging!!

I seem to remember not so long ago you telling me that I live in shìtty area. In fact you have said it many times. Particularly when I complain (in general) about the level of crime and violence in France. I am not complaining about where I live but how France is becoming more and more dangerous every year. You should move you say. Should I move to Bayonne?

Just saying that the problem of crime and violence in France exists everywhere and it it is getting worse. Bayonne or the Basque region is no different.

Being judgmental (which you are ) on where people live (especially those who have no choice) is quite silly and shows lack of knowledge of the country you live in.

Just saying.

3 hours ago, alittlebitfrench said:

I seem to remember not so long ago you telling me that I live in shìtty area. In fact you have said it many times. Particularly when I complain (in general) about the level of crime and violence in France. I am not complaining about where I live but how France is becoming more and more dangerous every year. You should move you say. Should I move to Bayonne?

Just saying that the problem of crime and violence in France exists everywhere and it it is getting worse. Bayonne or the Basque region is no different.

Being judgmental (which you are ) on where people live (especially those who have no choice) is quite silly and shows lack of knowledge of the country you live in.

Just saying.

Yes I did say you must live in a 'cess pit'. From the way you continually keep carping on about how bad France is how could I, or anyone else, think otherwise? In the same context I said you should move if it was that bad! Subsequently you said you live in a nice area and are satisfied, no need to move!

As for your latest diatribe, Crime and violence does exist everywhere, of course it does but  to what level? Would someone be stupid enough to compare Marseille to Calais ? Generalising is stupid! Is Bayonne as bad as Marseille I doubt it very much only an idiot would generalise  in such a fashion!

Judgemental? Certainly but not( again) as you suggest. I have said I wouldn't live in certain regions because of certain factors, if that is judgemental then so be it. I haven't condemned anyone for living where they live, which is what you are suggesting That people want to live where they will is entirely for them. You are good at accusations without supplying anything substantial, other than some 'today crime topic' to support your childish rants about  'everywhere' in France. 

Perhaps if someone were to say that the fete in Bayonne was , as usual, a huge success, without mentioning that there was trouble you would be dim enough to simply believe that many thousands of people behaved impeccably? That is what you are doing by suggesting that everywhere in France Crime and violence is getting worse, and expect people to take your word! It isn't! Knowledge of the country! You appear to have no knowledge of France other than reading crime reports!!!

2 hours ago, Ken said:

That is what you are doing by suggesting that everywhere in France Crime and violence is getting worse, and expect people to take your word! It isn't! Knowledge of the country! You appear to have no knowledge of France other than reading crime reports!!!

But it is….I don’t know anyone who thinks otherwise.

As a father of three kids, the growing violent situation in France keeps me awake at night.

Do I want them to go to university in France ?…no.

Edited by alittlebitfrench

2 hours ago, alittlebitfrench said:

But it is….I don’t know anyone who thinks otherwise.

As a father of three kids, the growing violent situation in France keeps me awake at night.

Do I want them to go to university in France ?…no.

Then you don't know many people, try expanding your social circle!!  What is worrying is that you are probably passing on your prejudices to your children, either consciously or inadvertently. Either way it is bad news for your children. You really should reflect on the nonsense you spout. You won't, but you should. Before you then try and play the victim and accuse me of telling you how to look after your kids, you raised the subject!!!

13 hours ago, Ken said:

Then you don't know many people, try expanding your social circle!!  What is worrying is that you are probably passing on your prejudices to your children, either consciously or inadvertently. Either way it is bad news for your children. You really should reflect on the nonsense you spout. You won't, but you should. Before you then try and play the victim and accuse me of telling you how to look after your kids, you raised the subject!!!

Oooooh don’t worry Ken, I take little notice of what you say.🙃

Your just fun to engage with on a forum. I like your no nonsense style.

Keep up the good work.