Bank transfers

Mr Coeur de Lion

Depends very much on the Banks concerned as some are more speedy than others. For example Banque Populaire and HSBC and equally as fast as each other and the money either arrives the same day or the next day. Other Banks have been known to take 4 or 5 days, or even more !

Sue

[quote user="gone-fishin"]Perhaps this will make you smile or cry!! I walked into CA yesterday with bankers draft in my hand from Australia for the value of €100.00...... it will take 4 days to clear and cost me!!!!!! €23.45 to place it in my current account they are b******* all banks![/quote]

Similar experience a year ago. Received a cheque from the US for $70, CA charged me €70 to cash it. I wrote and complained and gave me the cheque and money back. I posted it to my Lloyds account instead who charged me only £5 to cash it.

Again, received a cheque in euros from Canon in England. CA wanted €20 to cash that. It's in euros ffs!

Just hope that if you present a cheque to CA it doesn't bounce.

I once held a cheque for 100 euros as a deposit from an Irish client who cancelled and stopped the cheque.

Foolishly I presented the cheque to CA.

I was charged 15.60 euro for "encaissement"

17.14 euro for "Frais Bque Etrangere sur Chqe Impay"

35.70 euro for "S En Referer au Tireur"

It taught me a few lessons.