Doctor's fee.

Ken

On the news this morning was an article concerning doctors pay. It would seem that a consolation will be increased to 30 euros. Given that most of it is reimbursed, one way or another, it isn't a problem but I wonder how much of the doctors fee he/she actually gets to keep! Do doctors have to pay for premises, secretaries, phone bills etc? They have to pay tax I suppose. If I were cheeky enough (I'm not!) I would ask next time I am there. I don't begrudge them by the way, everything has to be paid for and the U.K. could learn from the French system; just curious!

Just to add a little: I know doctors (GPs) are self employed and therefor, presumably, keep the 25€ but what of the other expenses? How much does the doctor keep in his ' pocket'? Doctors in a hospital are on a contract so different rules apply to them as they are salaried.

Might help

https://medical-rh.com/quel-est-le-salaire-dun-medecin-generaliste/#:~:text=Le salaire des médecins généralistes,médecin généraliste à 4297€.

It touches on paying for cleaners, renting "maison medical" and tax offsets.  Would appear to be a complex situation to get a clear answer.  

Hospitals are complex too.  Private ones, run as a business by hedge funds etc pay more than state ones, but are open to all patients.

I’m torn on this one.

Our doctor is fully booked from 8am-6pm four days a week. 30 mins appointment. Or maybe less. She fits in other appointments in between when if there is an emergency. Usually our family and others.

So that is 10 hrs (minus 2 hrs for lunch) x 2 x 25 Euros

Methinks that is 400 euros a day.

She works four days. 

So that is 1600 euros per week. Or 6400 euros per month.

I dunno….she has less stress than those working in businesss firms in France. I can tell you.

Btw… i love my doctor….she is very good.

Edited by alittlebitfrench