Tax warning for second home owners

ssomon

I think everyone who owned a house in France pre-brexit should be given a CDS to be fair. That is fair.

Those buying a second home after Brexit should have to jump through hoops.

Healthcare is your problem. France is on its knees healthcare wise (like the UK) so why should France have to look after the British. And the British tend to move to areas where there is limited healthcare which makes matters worse.

BTW....The amount of UK removal lorries I have seen on French roads this summer is unbelievable. Are they moving to or from France ?

27 minutes ago, alittlebitfrench said:

I think everyone who owned a house in France pre-brexit should be given a CDS to be fair. That is fair.

Those buying a second home after Brexit should have to jump through hoops.

Healthcare is your problem. France is on its knees healthcare wise (like the UK) so why should France have to look after the British. And the British tend to move to areas where there is limited healthcare which makes matters worse.

BTW....The amount of UK removal lorries I have seen on French roads this summer is unbelievable. Are they moving to or from France ?

For UK retirees like us with S1 forms the UK pays France for our health care. Friends of ours who are in the house selling market say lot's of Brits are moving back to the UK. All brits who owned houses or lived  in France pre-Brexit and take up residence get a CDS if they apply for one. Second home owners have no right to a CDS, they can stay longer than the 90/180 with a visa. Incidentally the ETIAS scheme for the Schengen area has been delayed till November 2023

36 minutes ago, NickP said:

For UK retirees like us with S1 forms the UK pays France for our health care. Friends of ours who are in the house selling market say lot's of Brits are moving back to the UK. All brits who owned houses or lived  in France pre-Brexit and take up residence get a CDS if they apply for one. Second home owners have no right to a CDS, they can stay longer than the 90/180 with a visa. Incidentally the ETIAS scheme for the Schengen area has been delayed till November 2023

I met a couple on the BF boat some time back who were granted a CDS and they don't even own a property. Work that one out. They were pretending that a Brit Gîte was their residence. Anyway, none of my business.

Yep, it is a mess.

In terms of healthcare, well that is why France has to tighten up the rules IMHO.

OH fell ill over the summer during our two month rural stay. It took quite a few phone calls to find a doctor that would see her....and she is French.  Lots of doctors had closed down, some were not taking on patients and others were too busy.

She was saved by a 70 year old doctor that had not retired yet. 

It is tough for the French in rural areas for healthcare.

Healthcare, climate change and Brexit.

Edited by alittlebitfrench