Tax d`Habitation/Fonciere

stan

Having just received my Avis d`Impot for the first time following my first declaration where I submitted all my documentation regarding my disability, I see that my "Revenu Fiscal de reference" is 11720€. This declaration was for my wife and I, and I also qualified for an "Abattement personnes invalides". I have read the French tax website relating to "Particuliers" et "Vos Impots" etc and see that we may qualify for some sort of exoneration/reduction. We are both under 60 and the low "Revenu Fiscal de reference" comes as a result of a change in financial circumstances since we arrived here. How would our circumstances affect our tax Hab and Fonc bills?

[quote user="stan"] How would our circumstances affect our tax Hab and Fonc bills? [/quote]You won't receive a taxe d'hab bill; you can ring your local trésorerie to be sure. Don't know about taxe fonc as we rent so don't pay it.

Edit: Apologies for getting your hopes up but I have just noticed that you are both under 60, so am not sure about an automatic exoneration from taxe d'hab. Ring your trésorerie and ask, the staff in ours are very helpful.

Sue

[quote user="Sunday Driver"]

Les personnes exonérées de tax d'habitation

[/quote]

Thanks Sunday Driver, I have read this document, but still none the wiser. I fulfill 2 of the conditions, ie the latter two, but am unsure whether my invalidity, which was accepted by the Tax authority, and for which I was granted an "Abattement personnes invalidité" on my Avis d`Impot, consitutes fulfilling the first condition (ie invalidty and handicap etc).

Thanks NormanH, that was the answer I was looking for. I was just not sure if the "soit bénéficiaire de l'allocation aux soit bénéficiaire de handicapes" was the same as the "abattement personnes invalides" which I was garnted on my Avis d`Impot. Apparently, any discount etc is automatic, so i will just wait and see what happens.

Thanks again, appreciated.

[quote user="stan"] Apparently, any discount etc is automatic, so i will just wait and see what happens.

Thanks again, appreciated.

[/quote]

That's what happened to us but the first year I did panic about November time and popped into the T/P just to double check it wasn't outstanding.

• 1 month later...
I have just received my Tax Fonciere...no exoneration or discount despite the "abattement personne invalide" on my "avis d`impot sur le revenu", and despite my "revenu fiscal de reference" being under the plafond, and the property being our one and only, and primary residence!

I don`t know if the "allocation" for handicapped or invalids is the same thing as the "abbatement personne invalide" as per the avis d`impot...obviously not.

[quote user="stan"]I have just received my Tax Fonciere...no exoneration or discount despite the "abattement personne invalide" on my "avis d`impot sur le revenu", and despite my "revenu fiscal de reference" being under the plafond, and the property being our one and only, and primary residence!
I don`t know if the "allocation" for handicapped or invalids is the same thing as the "abbatement personne invalide" as per the avis d`impot...obviously not.

[/quote]

Under certain conditions @ 60 exoneration TH.

Under certain conditions @ 65 dégrevement d'office of € 100 TFPB.

Under certain conditions @ 75 exoneration TFPB.

[quote user="pachapapa"]

[quote user="stan"]I have just received my Tax Fonciere...no exoneration or discount despite the "abattement personne invalide" on my "avis d`impot sur le revenu", and despite my "revenu fiscal de reference" being under the plafond, and the property being our one and only, and primary residence!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry pachapapa, I have no idea what this means.

[quote user="NormanH"]Sorry to hear that.

Have you tried an 'Assitante Sociale'?  They are up in what you can and can't claim.

[/quote]

Thanks NormanH, no I have`nt tried that. I have sent an email to the tax office asking them to clarify the amount of tax fonciere, given the fact that I am below the plafond for revenu fiscal, I live in my primary and only residence, and that I received an "abattement personne invalide" on this year`s tax avis after I sent them translated documents stataing that I am in receipt of an ill-health UK goverment pension following a work accident which has left me with a disablement figure of 75%. I don`t know if this is the equivalent of the "soit être titulaire de l'allocation aux adultes handicapés (AAH)" which is mentioned on the gouv.fr website.

I think I will just wait and get it from the horse`s mouth, so to speak!

[quote user="stan"][quote user="pachapapa"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry pachapapa, I have no idea what this means.
[/quote]

Age not applicable so check AAH, See link.

http://www.net-iris.fr/indices-taux/64-exoneration-et-degrevement-des-taxes-foncieres-et-habitation.php

Edit to add AAH detail link.

http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/F2464.xhtml

[quote user="idun"]Stan the rules are all on your bill anyway, on the back, so do you really think that you qualify?[/quote]

The rules are on the back of my bill, the same as the website idun, and I am asking this forum for their experience (if any), as to whether I do qualify, based on the question I have repeatedly asked, ie abattement personne invalide/allocation invalidité.

I think you'll find your abattement personne invalide based on your work accident is a reduction against your income tax.

Peuvent bénéficier d'abattements spécifiques les personnes qui sont titulaires :

• soit de la carte d'invalidité (80% minimum) ;

• soit d'une pension d'invalidité militaire (incapacité de 40% minimum) ;

• soit d'une pension d'invalidité pour accident du travail (incapacité d'au moins 40%).

Les abattements

Ils s'élèvent à :

• 2 311 €, si le revenu net imposable pour 2010 est inférieur ou égal à 14 220 € ;

• 1 156 €, si le revenu imposable pour 2010 est compris entre 14 220 € et 22 930 €.

In order to obtain reductions/exemptions against tax fonciere, you need to be in receipt of l'allocation aux adultes handicapés which is a different benefit altogether.

[quote user="stan"][quote user="idun"]Stan the rules are all on your bill anyway, on the back, so do you really think that you qualify?[/quote]

The rules are on the back of my bill, the same as the website idun, and I am asking this forum for their experience (if any), as to whether I do qualify, based on the question I have repeatedly asked, ie abattement personne invalide/allocation invalidité.
[/quote]

I am at a loss really, you have obviously read the rules and it looks like you don't qualify, so what do you want 'us' to say. If you aren't happy about it, then go along with all your paperwork and ask (and take copies to give them, so that they don't try and keep the originals).

I do know that I was quite shocked some years ago as my friend's widowed MIL on a very low income still had a fairly hefty bill to pay and my friend reckoned that the only 'help' she was entitled to was to ask her children, but she never did.

[quote user="idun"]

[quote user="stan"][quote user="idun"]Stan the rules are all on your bill anyway, on the back, so do you really think that you qualify?[/quote]

[/quote]

I am at a loss really, you have obviously read the rules and it looks like you don't qualify, so what do you want 'us' to say. If you aren't happy about it, then go along with all your paperwork and ask (and take copies to give them, so that they don't try and keep the originals).

I do know that I was quite shocked some years ago as my friend's widowed MIL on a very low income still had a fairly hefty bill to pay and my friend reckoned that the only 'help' she was entitled to was to ask her children, but she never did.

[/quote]

Maybe if I re-phrased the question idun, it would be clearer to you what I was actually asking. I was asking basically if the entitlement to "abattement personne invalide" was comparable, or the same meaning as "allocation handicap". As it turns out, the question was answered satisfactorily by Sunday Driver, and confirmed this afternoon by the local tax office, as not being the same or comparable and I have been directed to the  MDPH.

So, thanks to everyone for their input.

• 2 weeks later...