Pictures of the Vendee

Hello all

I am really missing france this year as we did not et over for our normal two weeks at christmas. 

Has anyone any nice piccies out there that will cheer me up, we wont be able to return until just after easter it will be the logest time since we brought the house 3 years ago.

Looking forward to seeing it again, thanks in advance

Judith wishing she was there

Thanks  Frenchie

Our house is between Chantonay and La Chataigneraie in Tallud Ste Gemme.

I am spending my time fantasing about moving to france at the moment but know its unrealistic as we would not be able to support our selves.  I have an 8 year old son and am concious that it might be a bit late in a few years to move him.  At the moment we have the best of both worlds a we go as much of the school holidays as we can, he has french friends that he plays with whilst there and has started to learn french at school.  one day.......

Judith

I know how you feel Judith...

I feel the same about England.. .......

Chantonnay...

[IMG]http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r20/regine79/chantonnay.jpg[/IMG]

Tallud   !!   

[IMG]http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r20/regine79/Tallud.jpg[/IMG]

Have a good week end!

thanks again

That must be a really old picture of Tallud as we now posses a bus shelter and and big new extention to the Marie which was completed last summer, they are even threatening to put in mains sewerage Smile [:)]

I can also see my houes not far from the curch, thanks Frenchie

Jx

Frenchie

Try this for a quick read .http://www.1911encyclopedia.org/Wars_Of_The_Vendee (sorry you'll have to cut and paste).

My neighbours are still a bit like this today. This sort of suffering isn't easily forgotten around here. It's one of the reasons we like the people and the area.

[quote user="Frenchie"]

Ooooops, sorry [:$]

I like the Vendée too .

I want to know more about the rich historical past of that departement, I will visit some museums soon.

[/quote]

Whilst looking on the In the Vendée site for the local weather forecast I came across this link http://www.inthevendee.com/vendee-wars/ (sorry but you'll have to cut and paste it) which is a giude in English titled Genocide - The Civil War in the Vendée Militaire by a guy called Tim Hayward. I haven't read it myself but now i've seen it again I have heard it's pretty factual but can be very harrowing.

As I said in my earlier posting some of my neighbours maybe don't know a lot but they do remember their local history.

[quote user="Benjamin"][quote user="Frenchie"]

Ooooops, sorry [:$]

I like the Vendée too .

I want to know more about the rich historical past of that departement, I will visit some museums soon.

[/quote]

Whilst looking on the In the Vendée site for the local weather forecast I came across this link http://www.inthevendee.com/vendee-wars/ (sorry but you'll have to cut and paste it) which is a giude in English titled Genocide - The Civil War in the Vendée Militaire by a guy called Tim Hayward. I haven't read it myself but now i've seen it again I have heard it's pretty factual but can be very harrowing.

As I said in my earlier posting some of my neighbours maybe don't know a lot but they do remember their local history.

[/quote]

I've read it. I was given it by a bloke I met in a pub. Story of my life, that.

Anyway, it is terribly good and should be read by everyone in the Vendée and surrounding depts. In fact, I think that the French should all learn English just so that they can read it too.

Thanks Celestine

I know that place its the one with the tower across the road, nice place[:D]

Was just bragging - sorry talking about how lucky we are to have a house in france at work to day made me feel a bit better because the people I was talking to all said they wanted one or were thinking about it and i could spout out what i knew on the subject (not alot really) but sounded good.

We know some french people who have moved in at Bazoges En Pareds last summer friends of my french neighbours, the lady is expecting a baby at easter so we are looking to seeing them when we come over just after easter.

I will be over in august for 4 weeks if you want to meet for coffe?

Judith

Thanks Wendy

Thats great.    I am sooooo looking forward to the summer holidays.

I am really pleased with myself,  I have just written my first letter in french to my neighbour as she is a really good friend and i do try and keep in touch. It was really hard work and i'm not sure she will understand what i have written, but hey its the thought that counts.

J x

Well done you!! Sounds like your French is probably better than mine and Ive been here 3 years!

My milestone is that we have been invited to dinner at a French families house almong with another French family. Feel like we have been accepted by the locals, our hard work has paid off and we have cracked it now lol.

Hi Wendy

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

However, there was a lot of blood and sweat that went into that letter and i had lots books around to try and help.  I just hope that she could understand what i waas trying to say and I  wasn't rude unintentionally[:$]

I did get a message over MSN from her husband saying she was very pleased to receive it!

Intergrating is important, my immediate neighbours have all taken us under their wing, the lady I sent the letter to and her husban, an old lady that we go and have coffe with every time we go over ,she is so pleased that we take the time not only to visit but to take her small gifts and try to talk to her, (her husban came over to england during the war) and last visit we made the aquaintence of the ones that live behind our house who are related to the parisians who visit their holiday home near us.  it was really excitng we got to have coffe with all their family, they were pleased to know us, they had sold their farm to english and built their new house witht eh profits.

I was really upset this christmas that we didnt get to France as we were invited to the family christmas eve party which would have been really interesting.  Never mind they said we could go next year.........

• 2 weeks later...