TV purchase and general electronics

First post on this forum.

Have purchased a property near Aigre.

Was wondering the best way to buy electronics. I need TV, stereo, iPod docks etc.

Would I better off buying this online from Amazon.fr or is there a decent shop in Angouleme or Cognac that I should be visiting?

Upto you. If you want after service then use local electromenager outlets such as Gitem,Darty,GƩant,Expert etc so you can deal face to face etc. You can also see the goods before buying. When TV is bought, the audio rƩvisual who issue the TV licence that you pay included in your tax habitation are automatically notified by the vendor.

This has been covered countless times on this site. Do a search.

In general, any appliance bought in the UK will work in France. Most domestic appliances have double pole switches and are double insulated. Most TVs do not require an earth and it does not matter which pins in the plug any wire goes to. French domestic installations have double pole switches at the distribution board - it does not matter which wire goes to which pin. So just buy replacement plugs, cut the ends off the cable and attach the new plug.

If the mains lead can be detached from the appliance, just buy a new lead with the appropriate termination from any hypermarket.

And that's it.

I spent a week visiting different places to buy a large TV, it would definately be cheaper to buy in UK.

In France I found Auchan were the cheapest and they were open to doing a deal which none of the others would.

Explain all the items you want and ask for a deal.