Virements

sid

My CA site is http://www.ca-languedoc.fr/

which shares the 'accedez à vos comptes' with Debra's.

However once I am in my account, and at 'virements' there is a place to choose the account from which to pay, and another place with a drop-down menu which gives me a choice of accounts into which  I can transfer the funds, but these are all my other accounts.

There is no way to add a new payee and absolutely no mention  of anything to do with mobile phones.

As I say the only way to send to anybody else is to go into the branch.

Perhaps this region is behind?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="NormanH"]Debra, is that a bank virement you are talking about or a post office one?

There is nothing in my CA on-line account that would let me send a virement from my on-line account to another person, only  to my other personal  accounts.  Certainly no way of sending to a third person. For that I have to go into the branch in person.

[/quote]

The personal virement seems to be catching on in France, but slowly.  I have an account with an on-line-only bank (Fortuneo) from which I can make an immediate virement on line as long as I have previously registered the recipient's account details – but there is no significant delay between registering the account and making the first transfer to it. 

I don't think this procedure existed when I opened the account, about three years ago.

I know nothing about CA, but maybe it would be worth your while to ask whether they have any plans to introduce this service.

They don't seem to be into advertising it but they do have the functionality available.  My accounts are with Charente Perigord and Nord de France and they both do it.  Ours started off like allanb's - we had to ask them to add someone we wanted to make regular payments to as a payee.  Then I complained and said why can't I add a payee myself and they said weeeelllll - we do have this method whereby you can add your  mobile number......etc, etc.  Then once we had it with Charente Perigord we asked our Nord de France branch if we could have the same facility there too and they gave us it. If you ask for it, Norman you might get it.  Especially if you point out that you know of CA customers who have it in other departments and say you can't understand why they are behind the times or they haven't told you it's available.  (Did you see the screenprints I put up to show how it works?  I still can't see them but when I edit the message, they're there.) 

[quote user="NormanH"]Thanks..will have a try.
Does it work for International virements or just inside France?
[/quote]

I just checked the "Virements" service on my ca-languedoc account and there is now a button "Saisir un autre compte bénéficiare" under the receiving account selection box, which I don't remember seeing previously.

I clicked on this and was taken through a procedure to nominate and verify my mobile phone number, so am now eagerly awaiting a letter in the post which will contain the activation code to use this procedure.

I'm assuming I will eventually be able to send money at least within the EU, if not further afield. Quicker than a cheque, and cheaper than PayPal etc.

I had this facility from my Spanish bank for years, their authentification was via a personal card carrying a numbered series of codes.

I should have made it clear that with Fortuneo I can add a new beneficiary on line, and it's effective almost immediately.  I remember that a few years ago, when I had an account with the Banque Postale and they were just introducing virements, I had to fill in a paper form for the beneficiary and send it to the bank for approval, and it was a week or ten days before I could use it.  So things are getting better.

As far as international payments are concerned, I would guess that if you have an on-line virement facility you can use it for any transfer subject to the SEPA rules, i.e. if the receiving account is in euros, and you can provide the IBAN, it should cost you no more than a transfer within France.   

Well I have tried to be like the rest of you clients of CA, but when I get to the 'Virements' section I get this:

[IMG]http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh80/bfb_album/Screenshotfrom2012-11-28200948.png[/IMG]

If I click on the list of bénéficiaires I have only the list of my existing accounts, and if I click on

"Comment faire pour saisir un nouveau RIB, destinaire du virement " all that happens  is that I get a pop up window which says

"Pour effectuer un virement vers un nouveau

bénéficiaire, veuillez vous munir de ses codes BIC et IBAN

(identification internationale de sa banque et de son compte bancaire).
"

But there is nowhere to go after so it blocks at that stage, and I never get anywhere near anything about mobile phones.

Is that the same window for the rest of you, or is there a subtle difference?

I don't have the button "Saisir un autre compte bénéficiare " that nomoss speaks of.

I am going on about this because sometimes I have the impression that I am saying that things are X when everyone else is saying that they are Y, and I want to justify myself  and show that I am not completely 'barjo' [:D]

Norman, I get the same screen as you except that in the same blue area as the drop-down list for beneficiary, just under this, there is the button "Saisir un autre compte bénéficiare", and alongside this "Authentification forte", preceded by a tiny padlock symbol.

Maybe you have to ask your branch for the facility to make third party transfers. I mentioned it in a meeting with my conseilleuse some time ago, but didn't actually mean to ask for it....

And thanks from me too! I had the initial impression that it was a bit long-winded, but I see now that it's not unlike my UK account with LTSB; when you add a new payee to online banking the phone line you have registered (but it can be a landline) rings and you have to key in a 4 digit code which is displayed on the screen to complete the process.

Jay, thanks for the info on la Poste and printing at home. Our kitchen scales don't go down far enough for accurately weighing small items but the system  works OK when you know it's a light item (single sheet or similar).

[quote user="sid"]

Our kitchen scales don't go down far enough for accurately weighing small items 

[/quote]

There are plenty of electronic balances about, but we've been using a simple spring one for years, similar to these http://shop.ebay.fr/i.html?_nkw=pese+lettres+ressort&_sacat=0&LH_PrefLoc=0&cmd=Blend&LH_TitleDesc=0

Cheap, no batteries, and no electronics to fail [:D]

Here's a selection of all sorts http://shopping.voila.fr/vitrine/pese-lettres

Norman I agree with the others - the button didn't appear until I asked

for the facility.  Then when it appeared I had to register to use my

mobile phone and they sent a letter with a code to activate the

service.  This was the same with both CA Charente-Perigord and

CA-Nord-de-France.  Since nomoss is also with your franchise, at least

you know now that your bank does do it and you only have to ask.  I do

find it strange that they don't publicise it.  Even my financial advisor

doesn't expect people to do it.  He recently told me to call into the

branch to set up a payment to a notaire and I asked why I couldn't just

do it via the SMS method.  He hadn't thought of it and then said but as

it was only a one off payment it might be better to do it at the

branch.  As it is only open two mornings a week I disagreed!  Perhaps

it's a culture thing and it might just take a while for online payments

to take off in France?!

I upload them to photobucket,(after editing details out)  as I do with all the images I post on here, then give the IMG link (not the http one)

If you use photobucket you have to be sure that your privacy settings are right, or someone can get access to all the photos you have on there (not that it would matter in my case, but some people have things like photos of the family etc which they may not wish to share)

Just checked my CA account and it looks like I can do virements, I do however already have my mobile phone number registered with them and I have recieved texto codes when shopping on line, perhaps that is what is needed Norman?

Tell me what I need to do regarding Photobucket security and how please Norman, I had always wondered, like you there is nothing to hide but you never know.

Yes I can see the difference...off the the branch this afternoon!

Chancer it is a bit complicated by the fact that Photobucket has just changed format, but I think this is what to do on the new one:

At the right hand end of the top black bar there is the name of your album 'chancer album' for example

If you click on this you get a drop down menu and the second is user settings

You then get a page with blue headings such as Personal information and privacy.

These two are the ones to edit

Content privacy is the most important I think.

There may well be more expert people than me out there ..[:(]

Just got back from the branch, where I signed a contract for this additional service and now see the option on my screen.

For once the person on the desk seemed to understand what I was talking about,perhaps because she looked young enough to use SMSs.

I was in there one day with one of the older cashiers and he had to ask someone how to switch the computer on, so it's not all that surprising they don't know how to advise their clients about technology!

Now I have to find a lucky recipient to test it on...Don't all rush[:)]

Whoopee!  Got there in the end (nomoss' screenprint is the same as the one I tried to post.  I don't understand why it let me do it and why it is being stored in the post, because I can see it if I quote it, but not displaying it).  Hope you get a better phone signal in your house than we do otherwise that's your next frustration!!

Isn't it funny that they don't just give it to everybody?

[quote user="allanb"]I should have made it clear that with Fortuneo I can add a new beneficiary on line, and it's effective almost immediately.

[/quote]

Same here with Banque Populaire, and now also with LaPoste - with whom I too remember filling in a form every time I wanted to add a beneficiary. That has all changed now. It seems as though CA is catching up slowly.

Sue

[quote user="suein56"][quote user="allanb"]I should have made it clear that with Fortuneo I can add a new beneficiary on line, and it's effective almost immediately.

[/quote]

Same here with Banque Populaire, and now also with LaPoste - with whom I too remember filling in a form every time I wanted to add a beneficiary. That has all changed now. It seems as though CA is catching up slowly.

Sue

[/quote]When we add a beneficiary it is effective immediately - it's just that we can't add them until we get the SMS message through with the confirmation code!  It only takes seconds for it to come through and not everyone has to run outside with their mobile phone to receive it!

• 3 weeks later...
Well having signed up for this as I said above I tried to use it this evening to send the Christmas money to the family

Doesn't work for virements out side France GRRRRR

What a s*dding waste of time [:@] [:@] [:@]

I knew I was right!

Will now have to go into the branch as I said before.

I may be teaching you to suck eggs, but if you have a BIC/IBAN number it doesn't really matter where the recipient bank is (I assume they conform to the new SEPA rules). Maybe it's one of the below... it took me 3 weeks to get it to work, and numerous emails to the "customer support" (how do you do sarcasm?) team

LaPoste brought this in and the two things I found that gave me grief at the start (I hasten to add, eveything is working OK now)

Trying to select a currency other than EUR:

I thought I was selecting the currency of the recipient bank and kept receiving messages that the IBAN number was wrong. It turns out that they only have one error message for all. I should have kept the currency as EUR as that is what the current on the sending account. (My ING account allows me to choose currencies so I can send an exact amount...rather than second guessing what the current EUR->GBP exchange rate is)

Secondly, when trying to add a new recipient:

Everything was greyed out on the screen. Until I actually clicked, out of frustration, on one of the greyed out fields, and everything sprang to life. (There is standard when writing input screens on the web...grey, you can't change, not grey you can. It seems the coders for this banking software have a bit to learn!).