weddings in France

There are only civil weddings in France. Best moments during English friend's was 60 plus groom telling mayor having been told of legal requirement to ensure maximum number of children and bringing them up was that they had tried very hard last night and intended to follow their civic responsibilities this evening as well

Riberac previously said on another thread:

"Thanks.Next stop my own farm as Im only 26yrs I can get a young farmers grant of 16,000 euros a year. "

Maybe it's because she's obviously underage. I've known farm girls to marry young but this is ridiculous.

ABOT. About 4 years ago I was at a B&B near Cussac (not far southwest of Limoges) that also acted as overspill acommodation for a nearby chateau that was very popular for weddings from outwith the area. Whether they had an acommodating local maire or whether they just did the party bit I do not know.

[quote user="Motorhead"]

Riberac previously said on another thread:

"Thanks.Next stop my own farm as Im only 26yrs I can get a young farmers grant of 16,000 euros a year. "

Maybe it's because she's obviously underage. I've known farm girls to marry young but this is ridiculous.

[/quote]

Maybe Riberac's just planning ahead for her daughter's wedding.  No point leaving these things until the last minute.

So sorry you try to help people .It was actually my 26 year old son that was writing that,but this site out of all the expat forums seems the worst for sarcasm.I am 54yrs and my daughter is 33yrs I dont think you would call that under age unless you have to be 40 years.

We have a French house (maison secondaire)  and were considering getting married in France. However the paperwork was going to be daunting with permission from Paris and medicals to go through too! It was easier all round to marry in England. I dreaded that everyone would turn up on the day and then it would be found that there were problems with the documentation and it could not happen!

That's another nail in the coffin for the forum if the humour police are cracking down that harshly!  I thought it was funny - and I didn't even realise it was two people posting (I'm obviously not quick enough on the uptake). [:)]

• 1 month later...
Hello i dont know wheather this will be of any help, but when i was engaged i looked into marrying in France. Firstly you have to marry in a Marie, Then afterwards you can have a ceromony in a church or chateau. I got this information from a british company but i cant remember what it was called. Hope this is of some help.