is there anyone in 87

Actually I am wrong - it is only myself here because I see Cowman doesn't arrive until February or March; and then there will be two !

Cowman, there are a few of us, and I am sure we can at least try to answer any questions; might help if you said where in 87 you were moving to though if you want specific local advice.

The numbers change as when the going gets tough -the tough get going!!

The rest return home or go to Spain!!!!!!!

Also the population grows with births and reduces sadly when someone pops their clogs.

I do not know how it is with the english but the French seem to hang on to a very ripe old age in this regon due to them working and drinking an occasional glass of redwine.

CHEERS TO YOU ALL STAYING IN FRANCE FOR XMAS FROM AN EXCILED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GEORDIE.!!!!!!!!!!!![:D][B][:P]

• 1 month later...

Marval seems to be a small village around which there appear to be loads of Brits!

There are so many Brits the village hall runs daily French classes in Marval, Mary Tarry runs the classes, even the yoga class was Brit run. I did not realise just how many there were - we thought we were the only ones in the village - HA! five years later I now see that they are hidden in the woods and running businesses, all being French. It was a real eye-opener.

Just go to the weekly market at Piegut Pluviers - winter- good, summer, mind-boggling!

• 3 weeks later...

[quote user="cowoman"]Its great to know there are some folk in 87.Our place is in Cluzeau  Folles.Just wondering if anyone alive and kicking thereabouts...you all seem soooooooo quiet...Merry christmas when it arrives[/quote]

is that Peter Sellers country ?  [;-)]

• 3 weeks later...