is it late this year or am I jumping the gun?

mogs

I want to pay my avis d'impot, normally I do this on line, but apart from the tax fonciere they don't ask for any other payment yet. I'm sure I have normally had an indication by now of the date it needs paying. BTW I have already paid the fonciere so that is out of the way.

I get this message on the pay online page

A cette date, aucun impôt payable en ligne n’est rattaché à votre numéro fiscal.

Any ideas please?

Just checked the justicatif, the amount topay says 0 but I think someone has made a mistake as when the tax forms were submitted in May we were given an estimate of what we would pay.

Should I take the trouble to go and see them or just wait to see if they eventually ask for payment.

Sometimes they seem slow to tell you what's going on. I was paying tax based on last year's in three instalments. After the second instalment in May a chunk of money appeared in my bank account. Weeks later I had a letter saying I had a rebate (for the amount credited to me) but no explanation. Only when I received the avis which arrived on the day they published on line, I could see my tax liability had been reduced to zero (smiley here).

Fully agree with Norman's remarks. If it says 0 and nobody asks for anything then there is nothing that needs to be paid. You could open a whole can of worms if you say that you think you might owe something....You've got the evidence in your avis.

But, with a big B, I sent a copy of the avis to our CPAM when renewing our Health Cover last month, as we have to pay cotisations to URSSAF, so won't this 0 figure confuse them too?

(I'm just scared our health care will stop)

Before we had UK state pensions we only had small pensions, with a regular zero figure on avis des impots. We still payed the contisations requested by URSSAF and there were never any queries. This happened each year for about 5 years. If the avis is showing a zero figure and you are content with the figures you included on the tax form I would just put it to bed now. You have every justification in not pursuing this.

It depends on how much. If the amount is small then there is the decote,

Look in more detail at the back of your Avis. You may see the that a tax due has been calculated but that there is then a decote calc which reduces it to 0.

The front is only the answer not how it is arrived at.

JF