RUB THE LAMP!

TWINKLE

[quote user="Will "]

Ooh err missus - I'll certainly give it a bit of a polish [:D]

I'm certainly missing his repartee. It's not the same with Dick on his own.

[/quote]

This must be how Ronnie Corbett feels[:(] And Ernie Wise[:-))]!

Come on ladies of the harem!!

Is it ladies only - not sure if I'm should then!! [:$]  Oh, what the hell - I'm rubbing, I'm rubbing!!

Don't think I could join the harem anyway - if I started a belly dance I'd probably scare the cats!!  [Www]

I,v rubbed the lamp isn,t there somewhere else we can meet Miki in secret, please PM me if you find somewhere, Dick is going to be worn out otherwise keeping our attentions its only  been a short time without him, and life is not the same , havn't even cut the grass today because of this chrisis, my O.H. keeps looking at me, have had the desk top on all day, cannot explain to him as he would not understand has anyone got the same problem ? Bet Miki had not got a clue how popular he is!!!! Return him to us soon mods.

[quote user="Debra"]rub, rub - can't we do a proper poll?[/quote]

I think the idea of a poll is very good - but, unfortunately, think it would be totally ignored by the Mods.  They seem to have their own agenda as they have not taken into account any of the posts about having Miki returned.  Is there a way of going above the Mods - to Admin, to voice our concerns?

[quote]

I think the idea of a poll is very good - but, unfortunately, think it would be totally ignored by the Mods.  They seem to have their own agenda as they have not taken into account any of the posts about having Miki returned.  Is there a way of going above the Mods - to Admin, to voice our concerns?

[/quote]

If you want to contact forum admin you use this link

http://www.livingfrance.com/lvfra/content/contactUs.asp

select  Contact Web/Forum Admin.

FYI  I am not sure if admin is in on Monday, it may be Tuesday before they get to it.

Perhaps before you do that you would like to give some thought  to the number of posters who are banned here ? (apart from obvious trolls, sock puppets etc)

I have been a moderator since the beginning and I can't even get to a number that requires me to use the fingers of both hands. Perhaps someone else knows differently?. Its hardly a regular,  everyday or even every month occurrence.(and BTW the others were not offered a way back)

Under those circumstances does it not occur to you that it was not a knee jerk reaction or a mod somehow on a personal vendetta ?

Doesn't the fact that the decision was unanimous, tell you anything ? (and believe me, we do not all always agree)

It would also be unfair and discourteous  to discuss the ins and and outs, which would inevitably involve discussing private information, when the person concerned isn't able to defend themselves, so the mods really have their hands tied when it comes to rebutting some of the statements being made. 

There are two sides to every story, please, just think about it.

[quote user="Russethouse"]

...you would like to give some thought  to the number of posters who are banned here ? (apart from obvious trolls, sock puppets etc)

I have been a moderator since the beginning and I can't even get to a number that requires me to use the fingers of both hands. Perhaps someone else knows differently?. Its hardly a regular,  everyday or even every month occurrence

[/quote]

And as several of them were the same person the actual number is rather smaller than first appears.

In fairness, I don't see how anything of a private or confidential nature can be published on a website which is available for all the world to view, in fact I believe it may contravene Internet / web laws, in spirit if nothing else.

This forum is a free service, although I am sure there are some financial considerations, I personally don't wish to see the plug pulled, which I think may well happen if this continues. The only people who know the inside story are Admin - Mods and Miki, everything else is speculation.

Personally I don't like to see anyone banned, as I wrote when LB was banned, someone with whom I never agreed BUT it isn't my web site.

Chris

I've watched all this bickering over the last few weeks / months on various threads.

We've all known people in life who don't know when to stop. I suspect that both 'sides' in all this are more or less equally guilty - frankly, I lost track of the point each was trying to make long ago.

Honest and firmly held views are legitimate and worth making - on whatever subject. Make them, add an explanation or clarification, then leave it. Don't try to bludgeon the 'other side' in to compliance, because you won't.

The sooner this all subsides, the sooner the Mods will feel it appropriate to welcome Miki back in to the fold - always assuming that he wants to. Frankly, I personally thought that he was / is a pain in the ***, but entirely respect his right to be thus. 

I will rub the lamp with vigour.  As I said before, I think Quillan is a big strong lad and do not think he is behind the banning (but that is my speculation).  He gave as good as he got and put as much energy into the 'game' as Miki.  It seemed they both enjoyed their fall outs (in a funny kind of way) and it is apparent they both have egos the size of mountains.  Their constant sparring probably kept their pilot lights going through the long quiet winter months.  OK for some it was tedious and sometimes I chose to ignore it but I think it kept them going in grumpy old men style.

In comparison another member got banned for for implying someone was something beginning with 'p'.  This, on the other hand was totally out of order and although this member never bothered me, I would have been really pissed off being at the receiving end. 

There we have the tales of two banned members from (what I believe) are two different ends of the spectrum.  What I cannot understand is over the recent couple of months, Miki indeed sailed close to the wind in his little scuffs with Quillan (as I have said he was the more aggressive of the two) but, I do find it coincidental that a new mod comes on the scene and Miki is booted into touch or disappears into a puff of smoke just like the genie.

That's just my view.

I'm a regular lurker and only an occasional poster, but I do miss Miki's contributions. He probably was rather too committed to his very personal viewpoint in the last few days before his 'expulsion', but sledgehammers and nuts come to mind.

Do other posters agree with me that some of their unease arises from a bright,shiny, new moderator carrying out the deed, especially in view of Miki's long membership, and frequently valuable contributions to the forum?

[IMG]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j205/vienormande/mikitwink.jpg[/IMG]

I thought it was probably time to bring Miki and Twinkle out again. The one on the left is the only Miki allowed on the forum at present, perhaps an appropriate picture in view of Dick's revelation that he was banned from another forum for posting kittens.

[quote user="Philmco"]

I'm a regular lurker and only an occasional poster, but I do miss Miki's contributions. He probably was rather too committed to his very personal viewpoint in the last few days before his 'expulsion', but sledgehammers and nuts come to mind.

Do other posters agree with me that some of their unease arises from a bright,shiny, new moderator carrying out the deed, especially in view of Miki's long membership, and frequently valuable contributions to the forum?

[/quote]Yes but only some.

It's no good, Will.  Cute and cuddly as your Miki is - he's not a good enough replacement for the real thing!

That's ok Dick - I'm sure lots of us who feel for Miki in this situation will offer him cuddles; so he won't miss you doing something out of character! 

[img]http://bestsmileys.com/hugging/4.gif[/img] <- cuddle for Miki!