Living France Fun Trivia Quiz - Just for fun

Russethouse

I don't understand the scoring.  I've just looked to see how badly I did today now that some others have played.  Paul S got 8 right in 127 seconds and has 25 points and the person BELOW him in the listing got 8 right in 120 seconds (7 seconds FASTER for those who aren't too good at maths [;-)]) and he only scores 11 points.  So a) why has he got a lower listing and b) why is there such a big drop in the scores between the two????

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Russethouse rub it in. Had my 'guess' actually been recorded (see above) I would have got 8 right and probably got 20 more points.

Good job its only a quiz. 

By the way. Which button do I press to get a round in ?

Another Day - another quiz.

The new 'easier' version is still not featuring the Centre of the Universe (Yorkshire) or the only bit of history I can remember being taught (the Aztecs).

BUT . Of the questions that were rooted in a country / culture today

France - 1

America    3

UK    zero I think, but I might have overlooked the obvious.

eu   1

So. All those years watching imported TV are finally proving useful.

Crikey - what is happening to me? I have just scored 3; I couldn't understand some of the questions at all, others were all about people and places I have never come across before  -  I feel a total ignoramus. And, to cap it all, every single one of my guesses was wrong.

Move over Twinkle - the bottom slot is mine today!!

Sue

To Russethouse.

Every time I go onto the quiz site I get a very dodgy looking pop up box from "casalemedia.com" stating "Warning - if your computer is running slower than usual, it may be infected with adaware or spyware.  To scan your computer for such infections, click yes below".

In the past I thought that Norton might not be working properly, but I have just changed to AVG, I have scanned with Adaware and Spybot, and all three tell me that all is well with my machine.

I have heard that these pop up boxes can contain a virus, and that even pressing the "x" to close the box can install the virus.  So after doing the quiz I have to switch off and close down my machine with the pop up box still showing.

What is this box, is it a present from the quiz site?  Me no likee, and I will not go back to the quiz if this is going to happen every time.[:(]

Would appreciate your advice.

Kind regards,

David.

Popups aren't the same as viruses.

You would have to download software or a message to get a virus. Closing the box won't do it and you don't have to switch off your machine! Some viruses, however, and some spyware does infest (not infect) your machine with popups, but as your AV software says you are OK you probably are.

One of the worst sites for popups is The Times!

Set up your browser to prevent popups, and if it won't, get one that does.

I think you'll also find that in small letters somewhere in the corner of that box it says "advertisement" and if you do click on the "yes" box it jsut takes you to a website that is trying to sell you some antivirus software.  The one that annoys me is the "smileys" popup that I get every time I have a go at the quiz.