Re: You don't know whether to laugh or scream !

Bugsy

As an unemployed chef, maybe her boyfriend could teach her how to cook and eat healthy - or does unemployed chef actually relate to unemployed golden arches heater upper? It's cheaper to eat more beneficial food because it fills you up with the right things rather than a quick sugar hit - ---for heavens sake, no wonder most countries look at us in disgust!

Symptomatic of the British malaise. The nations slobs and ner do wells, some now into second and third generations, expect to be handed a living and haven't even got the good grace, manners, or breeding, to be grateful.

A spell on the streets amongst the homeless would undoubtedly see a dramatic weight loss.

To the casual visitor you would be forgiven for thinking that St Leonards and Hastings were one and the same place.  The only difference as I recall is that it is easier to waddle down to obtain your fish and chips from St Leonards than it is from Hastings.  Plenty of empty shop doorways though to discard your chip wrappers as you puff red-faced home again.  Time enough to get through about 5 fags and a couple of chocolate bars.  Don't know where the benefits office is though, maybe human rights dictates it is sent through the post.

[quote user="Weedon"]

Don't know where the benefits office is though, maybe human rights dictates it is sent through the post.

[/quote]

Benefits go straight into your bank account and you only have to sign every 2 weeks, so its not too taxing is it......[:)]

Tell me .....Do these benefits offices have sets of scales in them now so that people who go in to claim can weigh themselves to see if they are due for an extra £340 quid a month...Is there a table on the wall to show how much the money collected goes up and down with your weight gain or loss ?

My original piece is about the way we have press reports about us heading towards being an overweight nation  - we are often portrayed in national press as an uncouth/overweight nation - we all get tarred by the same brush, even though it is often only a minority. She needs education to prove that healthy eating is not expensive and needs to regain pride in herself!

I hate reading articles in the press about us not being able to cook and eat properly or that we live on the social.