Re: What was that one thing

Pads

Yes ok im bored .....!

But ..... you met your other half for the first time , your getting to know each other but what was that one thing that made you say Im going to marry him/ her ?

I was thinking about this the other day while re-reading a holiday journal of the time I met hubby.   3 days after meeting him I wrote in the journal this is the man im going to marry . Why ?

I met him while hitch hiking around europe, Picked up in Spain and travelled through France, Italy and Greece with him and his crew, after each crew meal he went around collecting all the meat scraps off everyone's plates then later while the rest were in the bars he would walk out side and feed cats and dogs on the streets of which there were many in those days. 29 years later he still does this while touring , and just watching him with all our pets we have had over those years and seeing how gentle he is with them all makes my heart melt all over again.  Im so glad he's mine ;))

So what was your reason ?    

Mine came to pick me up to go out but was obviously very distracted.  When pressed he said he had seen a little dog by the side of the road, all alone in the middle of nowhere.  He would have stopped but was on the way to me and was already running late.  I asked whether he wanted to go back there and he said "Yes" so we turned the car round and went back to where he had seen the dog.  Looked all over - no sign of it, but at least there was no run-over corpse either.  I think that was when I made my mind up.

Chrissie (81)

I had just started work as a bus conductor whilst the Inspector was showing me my rotas,his daughter appeared and asked for a lift home. I thought she looked very nice in her mini skirt.The following day I asked her out and 2 weeks later I asked her to marry me.

We got married 3 years later.That was 40 years ago.And they said it would not last.

[quote user="Joe"]I had just started work as a bus conductor whilst the Inspector was showing me my rotas,his daughter appeared and asked for a lift home. I thought she looked very nice in her mini skirt.The following day I asked her out and 2 weeks later I asked her to marry me.

We got married 3 years later.That was 40 years ago.And they said it would not last.[/quote]

Don't speak too soon.

I was going out with his mate from school and we were introduced - I felt a definite draw (to the extent I did not go to meet him again when my ex went up to see him), and apparently so did he (he says it was definitely nothing to do with the red leather motorcycle jacket and leather jeans).

About 5 years later we had a date, and have been together ever since - that was 23 years ago.

• 2 weeks later...
I was kidknapped and told that if I didn't marry her then I would have a feet worsted than death. So after 12 years of being a sex slave and living in total sin [kiss] I was forced into marriage on the 29th Feb 16 years ago!

Difficult to comprehend, but I have stood it like a true whimp and said nowt [blink]

So now we have just celebrated our 4th aniversary after 16 years of wedded bliss. BUT, we have an advantage in that to make sure we don't miss our celebration we do our bits on the 28th and the 1st on the 3 non Leap Years, just so that we don't miss out you understand [8-|]

The dates are true, ask Pads, the rest is a load of old pony pooooo. We met when she were breaking the IBM kit I was maintaining and as I were free after a divorce I asked her out. Then I became the above[Www]

Regrets? Yes, a very big one! That I didn't meet her earlier, also that we didn't move over here years before we did.