Re: The songs we are singing

Frenchie

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The song is against bullfighting.  It's as if it's the bull talking and the poor thing doesn't understand what is going on, then realises and says he'll get the "danseuse ridicule, ce pantin, ce minus et ces poupées", he thinks of the prairies in Andalusia, doesn't understand why they cheer as he falls, doesn't undertand how there can be such amusement around a tomb, is the world serious?  It's very sad yet laughing at the toreros.

[quote user="Christine Animal"]

The song is against bullfighting.  It's as if it's the bull talking and the poor thing doesn't understand what is going on, then realises and says he'll get the "danseuse ridicule, ce pantin, ce minus et ces poupées", he thinks of the prairies in Andalusia, doesn't understand why they cheer as he falls, doesn't undertand how there can be such amusement around a tomb, is the world serious?  It's very sad yet laughing at the toreros.[/quote]

I get it now.  I didn't realise that it was the bull talking. 

Typing this post listening to our Shirley, John.  Thanks for the memories.  As a fellow "nearly-Bristolian", did you know that her daughter died falling from the Clifton Suspension Bridge?

Just because the bull fight theme was blocking my ability to function properly I thought I would share this with you.  A neighbour in my former life was the brother of El Higgins, at that time he was, I think, the only English matador.  Huh! I hear you uttering.  Nevertheless, you never know when that rivetting piece of info might come in handy.  I've waited for 27 years to share that with somebody.

Anyone know if bulls are afraid of mice...apparently elephants are...handy tip if you find yourself being charged by an African bull elephant and happen to have a mouse in your safari suit.

Don't lets get clogged down with falling off bridges, here's a cheerful little number sung with a West Country accent, I believe the expression is......Proper Job.  It may even be a Bristol accent, although I'm no good with accents, Bristols or otherwise

[quote user="Cathy"]

I do love this thread. [:D] You get to see things that you never dreamed of.  [:D] Keep up the good work, one and all.

On the same theme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btEpF334Rtc

[/quote]

Here you are Cathy, here's something you never dreamed about I'll bet.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/dmstandard/article.html?in_article_id=255767&in_page_id=1766

Image removed by the moderators as per the newspaper T&C

[quote user="now just john "]

Wood you be sure that's the right way round Cathy? . . .[8-|]

[/quote]

John - the penny has just dropped about the connection!  [:D]  However, I did purposely say that Eric was Carla's conquest because, surely, she is the powerful one?

For some totally unknown reason, for the last week, I haven't been able to get "Eloise" by the Damned, out of my head ..... then on Monday we found a stray, seriously injured kitten on the side of the road, who has now had her operations & is doing well.  She's coming home to us on Monday & guess what we're calling her?!!    [:D]

[quote user="ali-cat"]For some totally unknown reason, for the last week, I haven't been able to get "Eloise" by the Damned, out of my head ..... then on Monday we found a stray, seriously injured kitten on the side of the road, who has now had her operations & is doing well.  She's coming home to us on Monday & guess what we're calling her?!!    [:D][/quote]

Damned cat [:D]

Here is another version by Marion's little boy

Opps, sorry,  I hadn't actually done a link - due to the fact that I'm terrible at that sort of thing!! [:D]  Having seen the state of her today I now think that "Rat Scabies" would have been more appropiate than Eloise!!

She has no strappings but is totally shaved from half way down her back, with stitches down both legs.  Not a pretty sight - but still cute!!