Frenchie

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="now just john "]

do NOT watch the video!

[/quote]

Red rag to a bull - I never do as I am told and so I just had to watch it.  I wasn't sure whether Lionel was wearing leopard skin pants over his toursers - Superman style - and then realised that it was his shirt!

[quote user="FurryKnickers "][quote user="TWINKLE"]

My hero used to sing that song! 

My hero was my dad who came and rescued me when I was 18 - he's gone now but this song always reminds me of him[:)]

[/quote]

That is just so lovely[:)] What happened, can you tell us?

[/quote]

He wasn't there when I was born and I grew up without him.  I found him and went to live with him and his family for a short time where I discovered that there was more to life than just tears and violence.  Later when he was ill I was there for his last breath - which made up for him not being there for my first. Full circle[:)]

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=nCBlFBOxRKo&feature=related

Hello you all !!

Twinkle , thanks for this song , yes, and for sharing a bit of your life story...

Very moving.

John, that was rocking!! [:)]

When I was a little girl dad was almost never home, he was in the merchant navy , and the father figure was my grand dad. Such a good man, and very modern in his attitude to family life and women. he helped a lot at home, he supported my gran in all occasions, he was a loving father, grand father, husband..

This is for him , hope he can hear it from over the rainbow..

I know that I played this song already , but I want to sing this to him too   Gratitude     

Frenchie - my Dad was away in the Navy for most of my childhood too, and we lived with my Mum's parents and sisters. So I was very attached to them, and my other grandparents who lived just round the corner. There was always music in the house, from piano, singing, radio, record player etc. Trying to find an old tune on youtube to recreate the atmosphere.