Re: The songs we are singing

Frenchie

[quote user="Angel"]I like this one

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=HE32tcojArI&feature=related

Ahggghhhh why does it not work ?????????

[/quote]

Angel, I have the same problem with this forum when I use Firefox. I post links on here using Internet Explorer - it works that way.[:)]

Yeah, that's a great clip. Filmed on the beach at Nice I think. Ry Cooder on slide guitar. Brilliant.[:D]

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raindog - I loved you memory.  It made me laugh out loud.  Funny, laughing on your own in front of the computer.  But then I'm not on my own cos I've got you and all my other virtual friends here.....

I saw the Sensational Alex Harvey Band at Reading Festival.  The Band was the top of the bill on the Saturday night - possibly 1973 or 1974?  I was 13 or 14 or so and my Mum thought I was youth hostelling on the Berkshire Downs.

Alex climbed the lighting and completely out of his mind.  The roadies were trying to get him down. He was singing a song about being Framed (or something like that) and was acting as if he had been framed, getting really angry.

Am I on the right lines?

[quote user="raindog"]Yeah, Framed was one of his biggies. I saw him in about 1980, one or two years before he died.
Thank god someone else on the forum likes good music. [;-)]
[/quote]

Aaaahhhh, Raindog.  I laughed out aloud again.  I'm feeling quite nostalgic.

Thanks Angel for the link.

[quote user="raindog"]Thank god someone else on the forum likes good music. [;-)]
[/quote]

Well have to agree to disagree then!!

Good music is not an objective notion, to each his own " good music.." 

Thank god for that.. If we all listened to the same music, this world would be sad................

[quote user="Cathy"]

I'm just about to watch the David Bowie link.  In the meantime, Free were from the same era as Alex Harvey and Captain Beefheart, albeit rather 'cleaner' music, I suppose.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2B2clFsLA3w

[/quote]

Yes they were and I saw Paul Rodgers a few years back in Bridlington, supporting Status Quo (Is there an embarrassed emoticom??? ) and it was like listening to Free as he played all of their well known ones. They were a great band (Free, not the Quo) and not recognised by enough people as such.