maddie home for xmas ?

krusty

Great news indeed but one wonders about the wisdom of publishing such information if a covert operation is going on.  Nothing like tipping off the abdutors that you're on to them.

Also spare a thought for the many hundreds of children that have gone missing since Maddy and have had no media circus coverage.

Isn't this another example of McCann family's 'team' using the media to keep the poor girl's position in the media?  I agree with Bugbear, I fear - from previous life experience - that she's gone forever, like the young lad that went missing on ?Corfu about 10 years ago.

And as somebody else mentioned, how about all the other children that have gone missing since Maddy and whose parent's haven't managed to manipulate the media in the way this family has?

Would I do something similar if I were in their position - who knows, but they have used people for their own ends, though I do truly wish that they find their daughter alive and well.

Conversely, if they are in any way implicated in her disappearance, and nobody really knows whether they are except themselves and if they are, they wont admit it, I hope they rot for the anguish they have inflicted on so many other people.

[quote user="Bugbear"]

Would anyone about to close in on an abductor really publish the fact in a newspaper, I don't think so.

Sad as this is, and I'd love to be proved wrong, but I doubt she'll ever be found.

[/quote]

Second time this year Gary,  I agree with you.  This is just another effort by Clarence Mitchell to earn his fees and justify the spending of thousands of pounds of money donated by people who could probably ill afford it.  If this had been a single mother in a council flat who had popped out to the phone or to get some milk, she would have been locked up by now and the children put into care.

I just wonder who needs a "spokesman" and a defence team if they are innocent of any involvement in this tragedy. Perhaps Gerry McCann should stop smirking so much then  people might actually believe he had no part in the dissapearance.  Just think about this, how was the time that the girl dissappeared determined, who gave the alarm?  Was it after she was found missing or when the coast was clear? .  If you were having dinner with friends and one went to check on their children, what would you say?  Perhaps I'll come with you and check on our's?

I hope the story does turn out to be valid - not only for the sake of the people involved, but also to give a well-dederved poke in the eye to those who carry out, and believe in, trials by media rather than any proper legal process.

I see a link between the Maddie and Diana/Dodie stories. Very sadly they both have their roots in the parents inability to accept what the majority of people see as the facts.

I feel deeply sorry for all of them; the loss of a child is a dreadful thing.

Hoddy

Unfortunately "what a lot of people see as the facts" amounts to the information, often highly selective and economical with the truth, that certain sections of the media choose to publish. Without a full and unbiased investigation that type of "fact" has little validity.

Mind you, I'd be very much in favour of a full investigation into, and prosecution of, Dodi's parent at least...

I read Trevor Rees Jones book earlier this year, perhaps Mr Al Fayed blames himself......... ?

Unfortunately "what a lot of people see as the facts" amounts to the information, often highly selective and economical with the truth, that certain sections of the media choose to publish. Without a full and unbiased investigation that type of "fact" has little validity.

Isn't it a fact that the Mc Canns left 3 young children under the age of 4, in a room in a strange place, unattended ?

There seems to be some debate about how far the restaurant is from the apartment, but it was out of sight and earshot, thats enough.

The Mc Canns seem to want it both ways, they want to use the press as much as possible but seem surprised when the media turns round and bites - they live in a different world to me..........

I never understood the need for them to put the kids down to sleep so early when on holiday anyway.....We always took ours out to the restaurants with us ....they often  had a sleep under a shade on the beach in the afternoon and seemed to have energy enough in them to be wide awake late into the evening  .. In Spain and  Italy the restaurants... and the streets were full of kids very late into the evening .....I think it was a case of  " I have had them all day .now its my time to enjoy myself ".....sad outcome......... but after so long and with so much in a reward offered .you would expect some information to have come to light if she were still alive....money talks ! 

Frederick said: I think it was a case of  " I have had them all day .now its my time to enjoy myself ".

I'm afraid that they didn't have them all day either - they were in a holiday club.

Oh dear, it's such a difficult one as we make close decisions about our children.  But I am with Russet on this one - I've four children but when they were 3 and under, I would not have left them alone.

[quote user="Russethouse"]

Isn't the truth that they should have been prosecuted for negligence ?

[/quote]

Yes first and foremost they should be prosecuted for their own negligence ... They are 'educated' people, not seemingly short of a bob or two and SHOULD have had a babysitter on the premises whilst they went out. If the babysitter had malecious intent and did the dirty then their conscience is absolutely clear, they can rally the public behind them as they have done so so far, the poublic will happily follow and it is the babysitter's misfortune to answer the police.

Are they hoping that little Maddie will re-appear like that Austrian girl who was kidnapped and managed to get out after so many years locked up ... 

Why hasn't he been called to testify at this current inquest?.... the only survivor of the accident..

He refused to attend as have the French photographers accused by The Sun of trying to sell them photographs of the dying.  All that will happen is those who believe she was killed will continue to do so and ditto those who believe it was a tragic accident.  Just a thought, if phil the Greek didn't have her killed it must have been Charlie then[I]

I have given the book to a friend to read but if I remember correctly he has given written testimony previously and just wants to get on with his life. I have a feeling he works abroad now. Again from memory someone, either Dodi or Mr Al Fayed went against the body guards plans, I do remember that Dodi had been on the phone to his father just a few minutes before getting in the car.......I think Mr Al Fayed may have sanctioned Plan B.

As regards Maddie. 30 years I was taken on holiday to the Luz Bay Club (next door to the complex in question) specifically to babysit three children. The children and I had tea at the Club early evening and then the parents went out to eat a deux. They would no more have considered leaving their children alone in the villa than fly to the moon and it was a smaller quieter resort then.

Several times its crossed my mind that she may be in South America, some wealthy lady unable to have children of her own wanting a blonde little girl (I worked for a Portugese woman who was blonde and apparently it is seen as being 'upper class'in Portugal) There are close connections between South America and Portugal, better that, than what I fear........