JC gets it wrong

Bugsy

[quote user="Will"]

I think this is the story you refer to: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7174760.stm

The whole thing smells of urban myth - surely a direct debit has to be notified to the account holder before a payment is taken. Though organisations like BT seem to regard themselves as exempt from this piece of legislation.

[/quote]

... he has lost at least £500 after an unidentified reader copied his

details to set up a direct debit payable from his account to the

British Diabetic Association.

The charity is one of many organisations which does not need a signature to set up a direct debit....

[quote user="cooperlola"]

When doesn't he? Ever since he told his adoring public on Top Gear that the K in SLK stood for Kompressor - I've had no time for him.  If he is what passes for a motoring journalist....

btw the link doesn't work for me, although I'm not that bothered![:D]

[/quote]

I don't think he is a serious motoring journalist - the programme is just a bit of light entertainment - loosely based around motor cars.  I enjoy the programe and I'm not the slightest  bit interested in cars.  In fact last time I came over to France and hired a car my husband (who stayed at home) asked what car I'd got  - and all I could tell him was that 'it was a silver one'.  I had to go outside with a torch to see what sort of car it was!!

I am quite sure he doesn't believe a word he says. He just tries to shock and his sycophantic side-kicks - and the punters - love him for it.

It's called celebrity. And all the other show-biz celebrities queue up to be associated with it.

But he's made a fortune at it (and can well afford to lose the odd £500) - another reason why I hate him!