King size Bed - Salisbury?

Mutiara

It's a bit of a long shot but...........

Am trying to source a decent king size bed in France but have not yet come across anything suitable. I had a friend who used to live here in France who had a lovely King size wooden bed but unfortunately has moved back to the Uk and we are now out of touch .

I remember and noted down that she told me it came from a large bed shop on the A30 Southamton Road in Salisbury on the Tesco roundabout and I think was calling ." (something)............. Living.

Any of you peeps know of this shop?

Thanks in advance.

I'm confused. You start off saying you want to source a King-sized bed in France, then go on to talk about Salisbury? Last time I looked, Salisbury was in England, and costs to ship a KS bed to France would be pretty high.

Have you tried any decent furniture dealers near your French property? Try www.pagesjaunes.fr

Our KS bed came from one in St Junien, 87, had to be ordered, it's carved oak foot and head, hardwood sides, a sommier and a memory foam mattress. Cost quite a bit, but nowhere near what shipping from the UK would[;-)]

[quote user="Ford Anglia"]I'm confused. You start off saying you want to source a King-sized bed in France, then go on to talk about Salisbury? Last time I looked, Salisbury was in England, and costs to ship a KS bed to France would be pretty high.

Have you tried any decent furniture dealers near your French property? Try www.pagesjaunes.fr

Our KS bed came from one in St Junien, 87, had to be ordered, it's carved oak foot and head, hardwood sides, a sommier and a memory foam mattress. Cost quite a bit, but nowhere near what shipping from the UK would[;-)]
[/quote]

Not need to get confused. You assume too much my dear friend (remember assume makes an ass out of u and me!) Sometimes I wonder if posters set out deliberately to atagonise/patronise . I travel regularly to the Uk and so delivery is no problem - I have a big van.I've lived in France for13 years so am well aware on what is available here and at what price, so I know my market.

We were given an Emperor bed as a present but I have difficulty in finding sheets for it (John Lewis's largest only just tuck in by a couple of inches) and I can't have a mattress protector.  For bedding, we have to use two double duvets.  A bit of a nightmare...

If anyone knows where to get Emperor sheets, duvets, duvet covers and mattress protectors, I would be grateful.

Coops - you have a point here. I was told mine is called an Emperor bed from the friend who gave it us but it is 7 ft 6 ins wide, so it might be called something else.  Using Google just now, Emperor looks to be 6 ft wide.  It's confusing as each site gives different sizes.

Can anyone point Coops and me into the right direction of a site that defines what bed sizes are? 

[quote user="Mutiara"]

[quote user="Ford Anglia"]I'm confused. You start off saying you want to source a King-sized bed in France, then go on to talk about Salisbury? Last time I looked, Salisbury was in England, and costs to ship a KS bed to France would be pretty high.

[/quote]

Not need to get confused. You assume too much my dear friend (remember assume makes an ass out of u and me!) Sometimes I wonder if posters set out deliberately to atagonise/patronise . I travel regularly to the Uk and so delivery is no problem - I have a big van.I've lived in France for13 years so am well aware on what is available here and at what price, so I know my market.

[/quote]

Well sorreeeeeeeeeeeeee. Remind me not to post in any more of YOUR threads.

How to win friends and influence people, by Mutiara[;-)]

[quote user="Clair"]There's this page which gives US and Uk sizes: http://www.here-be-dreams.com/bedroom/bed-sizes.html
[/quote]

Thanks, Clair, for the link - it does explain the confusion over linen with American names being the same as UK names but different sizes.

Our bed, 7ft 6ins wide, is not listed in either USA or the UK.  No wonder I can't find bedding for it.