B & B Central London

trizzy

A french family with 3 children have asked me to recommend a B & B in Central London.  They will need to be within walking distance of the tube as its a tourist visit they are planning, and to stay in a respectable area.  Does anyone know of anything suitable?

Thanks

Novotel (which is of course a French company!) are a very good bet if they book through the right agent: American Express Travel Service for example, used to put some great deals together for me.

I've stayed at both the Tower Bridge and Southwark Bridge locations.

My only comment would be to find your breakfast outside! Otherwise it was plastic and very expensive for cooked food.

http://www.novotel.com/novotel/index.html

on the very edge of Holland park and Shepherds Bush....The K West Hotel...very central ...bus 4 mins away to Marble arch...High Street Kensington is possibly walkable.Should be favourably priced.

Hilton Holland Park?

we stayed at the kensington close hotel in wrights lane. literally a ten minute walk to the train/tube at earls court and  five minute walk to kensinton tube station. also its directly off kensington high street which will lead you on to just about all the touristy bits..... plus its very well priced.

There are loads of small hotels in Gower St, very central.  (Goodge St, Euston tubes), also walkable to British museum, theatreland etc.  Don't know costs these days.  Depends what facilites you want.  There are many hotels in the centre, they can't all be full all the time.  Since I live in the centre I have not used them, but I live next to a hotel, in W1, close to Oxford Circus, they get plenty of tourists and I don't think they'll be paying the full rate.  Try the web sites offering last minute deals, they may get you a good price in a really nice and central hotel.  Behind Victoria there are also lots of cheep small hotels.  Loads of choice!!