Where's the love?

Clair

St George's Day is England's most important national holiday. There's a huge military parade on the Mall, and glittering evening Balls together with further celebrations taking place all over the city! Fantastic, love to all!

(I lied, changing St George details for Bastille Day, how drab our celebrations are by comparison, now that we're a fully integrated PC Scottish sub-division!) Tin Hat on [8-|]

[quote user="Frenchie"]

Need explanations as well, but Happy St Georges day to all the nice English people on here ... !!

[kiss]

[/quote]

Is that H pink because of the way you say Apppyy, Frenchie?   I'm just trying to get my son to say Frothy correctly, go on give it a go!  He has been in France since he was 3 and struggles with the 'th' sound, I drum it into him on a daily basis but Frothy he can not say.  My other favorite word to get a french perosn to say is wardrobe, it's a toughy don't know why!

Back from Aurillac...

As an adopted English person, I waited a long time this morning for a proper (real) English person to show some pride in St George's day... It was gone 10 am when I gave up waiting and posted a little reminder...

Now I have that song in my head too...[Www]

As for a saint patron for France, I don't know really... Since Jeanne d'Arc is now used as a token for disguised ultra-nationalism, I'd rather not have any...

[quote user="Panda"][quote user="Frenchie"]

Need explanations as well, but Happy St Georges day to all the nice English people on here ... !!

[kiss]

[/quote]

Is that H pink because of the way you say Apppyy, Frenchie?   I'm just trying to get my son to say Frothy correctly, go on give it a go!  He has been in France since he was 3 and struggles with the 'th' sound, I drum it into him on a daily basis but Frothy he can not say.  My other favorite word to get a french perosn to say is wardrobe, it's a toughy don't know why!

[/quote]

I hate you Panda !! [:D][:D]  Nooo, I can say the H , but I hate some words like " firth"   " filthy"   " throughout"   " fifth"  ......

I have a few friends on here who know the way I talk, pleasssse don't say zat it iz awful !!!!  [:D]

No, not at all, I like it, especially in men but that's a whole other topic! I know I sound like a farmer from gloucestershire when I speak any language so I'm not one to mock.  Wardrobe was something my old french teacher couldn't say and it annoyed the hell out of her.  We would bring it up whenever she mocked our pronunciation!  I'm going to go and get my son to say throughout, that will tie his little tongue in knots!

Wasps is another one - friend of ours says wops and just cannot manage the correct punctuation.

'tis indeed an important day today, Shakespeare's birth and death occured on April 23rd as well as yours truly being born, one of the big ones for me today so celebrations in order this evening!