Loose Women

Cat

Nothing to do with France, but I don't suppose anyone was watching Loose Women a few minutes ago were they?  If you didn't see it I'm sure it will be all over the place pretty soon.

How rude!  I can't wait for the clip to appear on YouTube. 

I can't believe you can't find it Katie, and I'm not going to repeat what was actually said on the show, or I'd have to ban myself [:$]

It went something like this...

Joan Rivers was being interviewed on Loose Women.  They were asking her how she had enjoyed her time interviewing celebs on the red carpet at the oscars.  She was telling them how it was great if the celeb was nice, but that some weren't so nice.  She then said something along the lines of... "you'll have to bleep this out later, but take Russell Crowe for example, he's a.." and then said something very rude indeed!  Jacquie Bramble's face was a picture, it was a live show! 

They went to the advert break, saying that Joan would be back after the break, but when they returned we were told that "Joan has had to leave us".

Priceless [:)]

I have been trying to remember the name of a womans daytime programme - from the 70's I think.  They would cook and sew and talk about the kids. 

Can any of you more mature ladies help me please[:)]?  I was sure it was called 'House Party' but I couldn't find it anywhere when I Googled.

Cor! BCG! That brings back some memories, Twinks!

The whole school had to be screened as two masters were carriers. I was rather positive and had to have the BCG vacination.

When the awful blister came right up on the top of my arm, a rather wonderful kid called Thompson who upon reflection needed a good kicking, punched me hard in the arm and burst the damned thing!

I still have the scar.

As for the prog, don't have a clue I'm afraid: the seventies vanished in a sort of blur of working far too hard. TV was something I seemed to watch for the spot!

I used to love House Party, although I didn't see it very often - Ann Ladbury was often on, Mary Morris, Sylvia and Cherry Marshall and Mavis Nicholson I think, there was also a lady called Lucy who made her wedding dress (for her second wedding) from antique lace

[quote user="Gluestick"]

When the awful blister came right up on the top of my arm, a rather wonderful kid called Thompson who upon reflection needed a good kicking, punched me hard in the arm and burst the damned thing!

I still have the scar.

[/quote]

Mine did that too Gluey... did loads of horrible gunk come out of yours too?  yuck! [+o(] I dont remember house party but do remember having to stay quiet when The Verdict was read out on Crown Court... woe betide anyone who made a noise!!!

I remember House Party too.  I used to love it (sad).  Do you remember, you would have a scene of two biddies making cakes in the kitchen and talking about alsorts, then you would hear "ding dong" and someone else would arrive with perhaps 100 balls of wool and sit down and start knitting with the gang in the lounge.

[quote user="TWINKLE"]

And now we have the programme 'Loose Women' where the guests look like their faces have been pulled to the back of their heads and talk like Geordie truck drivers[:)]

We really have come a long way eh gals?

[/quote]

Come a long way, Twinks, or regressed a long way?  No disrespect to Geordie truck drivers, but I wouldn't particularly want to sound like one of them.  For a start, I'll have a job understanding myself, nevermind other people being able to understand me!

Any road, how's youse doin?

[quote user="TWINKLE"]

And now we have the programme 'Loose Women' where the guests look like their faces have been pulled to the back of their heads and talk like Geordie truck drivers[:)]

We really have come a long way eh gals?

[/quote]

Hello stranger [:)]. 

Anyway I love the Geordie accent on men. 

Big day for me today Twinks [:-))]

Sweets!

I know I am renowned for my subtelty but I was being a tad sarcastic in my other post about female progress. 

My apologies to Geordies and all women who have had their faces pulled to the back of their heads[:)]

Why is it a big day for you JK?

Now where did I put those f****** knitting needles?

[quote user="TWINKLE"]

My apologies to Geordies and all women who have had their faces pulled to the back of their heads[:)]

[/quote]

I thought it was called a 'Croydon Facelift'  You know, when the hair is all scraped back and tied up tight at the back

P.S. I think Joan Rivers is an incredibly funny and clever lady.  When our first child was born, I gave her book 'Having a baby is a scream' to my OH.  Not a good idea as OH laughed so hard she pulled the stitches out!

We used to have a neighbour who was a geordie truck driver. One day when my car was out of action he offerred me a lift to work. What a terrifying experience[+o(]He talked nonstop all the way in that lovely geordie singsong,  looking at me rather than the road. We were behind a mini, and at each lights and crossroads he just managed to brake in time - looming above the mini by about 3metres. I'll never forget that.

Quite a coincidence, I had Loose Women on that day but missed Joan Rivers. She makes me laugh too, wish I'd seen it .