Time Travellers Wife

Pads

Has any one read the Time travellers wife?

Im hosting a book club meeting tomorrow to talk about this book . I need 10 questions / pointers to start conversation.

Anyone have any comments ?

eg... How do you think Clares childhood was affected by meeting Henry ( her future husband) at such a young age... do you think she truley understood what was happening ?

Many Thanks [:)]   

I really liked it, and it was interesting to read it the second time, a few years later, knowing how the complicated timeline would flick backwards and forwards (from Henry's perspective).  It was one of those books that, once started, I couldn't put down.  The time when they first met properly (in real time, at the library) when Claire already knew and loved Henry, but he hadn't got a clue who she was was really satisfying.  The part about Claire's pregnancies later was heart-rending.

A very clever book, well thought out and written book, I thought.

Yes - I've read the House at Riverton. I enjoyed it, liked the plot device but ultimately it was a bit bland. I guessed where it was going about half way through the book. Good summer reading but not memorable and not a "keeper".

Now The Time Traveller's Wife...[:D] I loved it. But then, I love timey-whimey fiction so it suited me down to the ground. I really cared about both the main characters. And the last chapter really played on my mind long after I'd finished the book. Fundamentally, it's a major love story but very bitter sweet. Definitely a keeper to be read again one day.

I pretty much guessed the end of House of Riverton too, but still enjoyed it. I think the Forgotten Garden is the better book it has a neat twist, I thought I'd guessed the ending, then changed my mind.......I'll buy her next book

I read quite a bit of non fiction - sometimes I need a lighter read.

I'm reading Harold Shipman - The Mindset of a Murderer - not great before bed stuff [Www]

I too read The Time Travellers Wife a few years ago, I enjoyed reading it but not sure if I loved it. My husbands face was a picture when I tried to explain a little of the story. [:)]

I ordered a few books last week on Amazon because I have finished the ones I have here with me. I am currently reading The Dark Tide by Andrew Gross, one of my husbands books that are usually not my cup of tea but have to admit so far this one is very good.