Jonathon Ross returns tonight

Théière

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked Jonathan Ross when he presented "the last resort" but then I was young, ambitious and greedy and it was after all the "loadsa money 80's", I have changed considerably and would not like his style of program now, I suspect he has in fact matured and changed as I have but he sticks to what he knows is a successfull formula with the "yoof market"

He may perhaps in person be very different to his TV and radio persona?

I havn't seen him for years but did hear him on the radio when travelling from the chunnel, it was for me compulsive listening, he was very witty and oh so sharp and fast thinking, he may not be everyones cup of tea but in his metier, yes very talented.

PS And having watched the video of the Satanic Slappers they cannot by any stretch of the imagination be called talented, even Rabbi Jacob managed to dance in time better, but hey someone must be paying to be entertained by them. I would have thought that Russell Brand had much better offers. Perhaps it was a grudge.

[quote user="tegwini"]

ps for the Mods - have you done anything about Mr/Mrs/Ms  .   ?     Clearly aims to annoy and is succeeding.

[/quote]

Are you referring to me? If so, I appologise for liking Jonathon Ross and I am really sorry that you and Bugbear find that annoying. What are you expecting the mods to do to me?

Thanks Clair -

In reality I'm a forum 'greenie'[:(] only just learned how to put a yellow thingy on the page, but hopefully learning more each time ![:D]

Regards

Tegwini

edit - got that wrong then!!!

Now rectified by a mod (use the smilies above the text box).

It a forum Cynthia (I used to go out with a girl called Cynthia, nice girl, very long legs)[:D] and people disagree from time to time, thats normal. You like JR, I don't, so what!, hardly the end of the world.

Just agree to disagree and talk about something else perhaps. [kiss]

Are you from anywhere near Cork by any chance.?

Gary.

[quote user="Bugbear"]It a forum Cynthia (I used to go out with a girl called Cynthia, nice girl, very long legs)[:D] and people disagree from time to time, thats normal. You like JR, I don't, so what!, hardly the end of the world.

Just agree to disagree and talk about something else perhaps. [kiss]

Are you from anywhere near Cork by any chance.?

Gary.
[/quote]

It all started because I said I liked him and would be watching the show. It seems that I should not like him because you all don't like him. I'm not from Cork, I'm a Kerry girl. I do have long legs and a firm rounded bum and red hair. I suppose it''s possible we have met because I have been to Cork a few times. The last time I was there, a big English lad on a motorbike came into the hotel we were staying at, and he was carrying a chicken in his hands, was that you?

[quote user="."]My posts had been edited by the police, so I thought it best to just delete everything I said about my liking of the man. Did you know that you can't mention toilet seats on this forum? Don't they have those in France?[/quote]

Mentioning topics with the sole purpose of causing trouble or argument is called trolling, you are both off topic by a country mile and in contravention of the Code of Conduct.

Either keep to the topic or don't post

[quote user="Russethouse"]

Mentioning topics with the sole purpose of causing trouble or argument is called trolling, you are both off topic by a country mile and in contravention of the Code of Conduct.

[/quote]

1 The topic was Jonathon Ross

2 Try being a bit more polite when you talk down to people

3 What is the difference between a country mile and an ordinary mile?

Love, Cynthia [kiss]

The amount of money he receives - paid for by the average person should make him realise the position of privilege he is in.

To insult those who have more talent than he ever will have shows just how much of a self-centred idiot he is.

And as for that other so-called comedian...... don't get me started.

Cythia

Your posts were deleted before my post- I think.

Whatever    ... people on this forum, including myself , are annoyed to see endless blank posts. and if you disagree with others then argue the point.

Most on this forum are easygoing - in fact quite nice, but all are allowed their opinion too - even if you disagree.  

Most in the UK believe that JR  is overpaid, for starters,  and certainly displays no 'noblesse oblige' towards others - even his guests.  Andrew Sachs is a UK  'treasure' and he did not deserve it- even if his granddaughter's group is seriously downmarket- or even rubbish.

For myself,   I object to his bad language, and the fact that the BBC is funded by an enforced tax that I pay- which means in a  very small way I contribute towards towards his millions.  I also object to the way the BBC is allowing bad language too - call me stuffy if you like!

Don't let these deletions upset you- this is a helpful forum, quiet at present, but it does have some friendly people.

Regards

Tegwini 

The topic was Jonathon Ross   ...............quite!

[/quote]

The topic was Jonathon Ross! As a highly experienced and high ranking moderator, I'm sure that you are aware that the subject matter will almost always drift into other areas. It's an unexplained phenomenon of the forum world. Some people are allowed to do it and others are not. This is hardly a serious thread anyway, but I am sorry if my mentioning Allan Carr (love him) has contravened the law of the forum and for bringing the thread into disrepute. I really would love to know the difference between a country mile and a normal mile? anyone know? I can't stand Jimmy Carr or that Dara O'Briain (can't believe he's Irish and only 36)[:@]  Country miles, someone please explain!

[quote user="tegwini"]

Cythia

Your posts were deleted before my post- I think.

Whatever    ... people on this forum, including myself , are annoyed to see endless blank posts. and if you disagree with others then argue the point.

Most on this forum are easygoing - in fact quite nice, but all are allowed their opinion too - even if you disagree.  

Most in the UK believe that JR  is overpaid, for starters,  and certainly displays no 'noblesse oblige' towards others - even his guests.  Andrew Sachs is a UK  'treasure' and he did not deserve it- even if his granddaughter's group is seriously downmarket- or even rubbish.

For myself,   I object to his bad language, and the fact that the BBC is funded by an enforced tax that I pay- which means in a  very small way I contribute towards towards his millions.  I also object to the way the BBC is allowing bad language too - call me stuffy if you like!

Don't let these deletions upset you- this is a helpful forum, quiet at present, but it does have some friendly people.

Regards

Tegwini 

[/quote]

Sorry if I misunderstood you. The Sachsgate saga was wrong, but it was overdone by the media, even Sachs said so!

[quote user="."][quote user="Russethouse"]

The topic was Jonathon Ross   ...............quite!

[/quote]

The topic was Jonathon Ross! As a highly experienced and high ranking moderator, I'm sure that you are aware that the subject matter will almost always drift into other areas. It's an unexplained phenomenon of the forum world. Some people are allowed to do it and others are not. This is hardly a serious thread anyway, but I am sorry if my mentioning Allan Carr (love him) has contravened the law of the forum and for bringing the thread into disrepute. I really would love to know the difference between a country mile and a normal mile? anyone know? I can't stand Jimmy Carr or that Dara O'Briain (can't believe he's Irish and only 36)[:@]  Country miles, someone please explain!

[/quote]

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/country+mile

As a highly experienced and high ranking moderator

As such I think that I can tell when a member here is trying to stir up trouble or 'flame' another forum member.

[/quote]

I am filled with admiration[:)] You have a gift that most of us can only dream about. thank you for being slightly less abrasive than when you last addressed me.[kiss] Did you watch JR on friday night? (must stay on topic)

[quote user="."]My posts had been edited by the police, so I thought it best to just delete everything I said about my liking of the man. Did you know that you can't mention toilet seats on this forum? Don't they have those in France?[/quote]

[/quote]

Rightly to be great
Is not to stir without great argument,
But greatly to find quarrel in a straw
When honour's at the stake.

William Shakespeare

To measure the position and the speed of a certain particle we need light or another radiation. When we use radiation

with a long wavelength the position is inexact, but the speed is quite exact. When we use radiation with a short wavelength

the position is quite exact, but the speed is inexact. This means that when we want to measure one of these things exact, we

cannot measure the other thing exact, too. Some things which are explained in nuclear physics with a simple pattern cannot

be explained in quantum physics so easy, too. We have this problem with the Bohr atom model. In real there are not any

electrons which fly around the atomic nucleus, but you imagine that they are on certains energie levels. In this situation

it is also impossible to say exact where an electron is. So here we find Heisenberg's uncertainty relation, too. But there

are so called orbitals where it is very probable that there is an electron, but it is never sure. In quantum physics we have

got only probabilities.