MADONNA

hakunamatata

Is she right I wonder? I love Africa and do a very little to help in a very small way, but surely a woman of her wealth could provide relief in many other ways which would affect lots of children by donating some of her wealth to schools, orphanages etc. Why take one poor little soul out of the environment she knows into Madonna's world.  Just my thoughts, how about you?

[quote user="Anton Redman"]From Josphine Baker via Bette Davis the road to hell is paved with good intentions  [/quote]

Do you think Josephine Baker is comparable to Madonna, and surely you cannot believe Josephine went to hell?

[quote user="Anton Redman"]

Until I arrive there,  I will not comment on the company.  However much as I like Josphine Baker, which is a great deal more than Madonna, I am not sure the children adopted by her will fare much better than those adopted by Madonna.

Infants Alliance Josephine baker 

[/quote]

Final sentance should read " I am not sure the children adopted by her will fare much better than those adopted by Josephine "

Not knowing who Josephine Baker is (was), I looked her up.  Here is her Wiki entry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josephine_Baker

Wow - what a lady.  Interestingly, it does not mention that she adopted a rainbow tribe of 12 children.  It does mention that two of her children set up a successful restaurant together, so things couldn't have been that bad.

EDIT: Re-reading the entry, it does mention this but some way down the page.  As it does not go into great detail, presumably they were fine.

About Madonna, I know from first hand that adoptive children are VERY needy, understandably, especially when they are in their adolesent years.  Her proposed daughter is going to be adolescent when Madonna is 60 years' old.  Mmmm....

[quote user="Cathy"]

Not knowing who Josephine Baker is (was), I looked her up.  Here is her Wiki entry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josephine_Baker

Wow - what a lady.  Interestingly, it does not mention that she adopted a rainbow tribe of 12 children.  It does mention that two of her children set up a successful restaurant together, so things couldn't have been that bad.

[/quote]

She ended up destitute - a beggar on the steps of her old home (Chateau Milandes) - which is now a museum to her.  (We hadn't realised when we visited that it included a collection of nude photographs she had taken (very risqué in those days).  Our (then 9&10 year old) boys had run ahead of us (as boys of that age are prone to doing) to the room where the pictures were on display....and were very reluctant to follow on - announcing that the photo display was the 'best bit' of the Chateau.  We should have known then we had problems ahead lol [:D])