Is it possible to have a thread without snide remarks and back-biting?

just john

Weather's a good start, lovely and sunny here, but serious snow forecast, how has it affected rural France?
and what I wonder is the forecast for English Christmas and New Year Traditional celebrations amongst Midnight Mass, and le Réveillon,
a few maison secondaire friends say they are ''escaping to France to get away from the English over-indulgence,'' . . . 

To be fair it has been a very long time since I remember a thread being pulled or editted let alone anyone being banned.

I think overall the forum has improved, very few if any personal attacks apart from towards politicians, their spouses and those in the media spotlight. 

R. H. You should get a medal for stamina..or bravery for facing that lot this time of the year. I lasted from the front door to the blouse section in M & S last Friday . Then it was off to the coffee shop with my paper and instructions to Mrs F to have her mobile turned on and ring me when the performance had ended !

Frederick, never heard of JOINT responsibility then?  Why is it that poor Mrs F was left to do her bit and you ducked out of YOUR bit?

Don't talk to me about doing things as a couple.  I am cancelling Christmas as OH seems to pretend it has nothing to do with him.  This afternoon, he told me he was going to be writing out some cards but lo and behold, at the end of the afternoon, I saw no cards written out never mind ready for la poste.