Tonight is a very soecial night

woolybanana

Remember tonite is the shortest, when the devli's ride and try to hol back the light. But from now opn we crawl to the light, a minute or so per day, as we have turned the corner at last. Better temps are coming my dears. So, raise a glass to the coming warfmth and BE HAPPY

(aspromised to Chancer, this lmesage is not edited!)

[quote user="woolybanana"] Remember tonite is the shortest, when the devli's ride and try to hol back the light. But from now opn we crawl to the light, a minute or so per day, as we have turned the corner at last. Better temps are coming my dears. So, raise a glass to the coming warfmth and BE HAPPY

[/quote]

Glad to join in your Iron agee celebration of Polytheism by opening our ''country dweller'' flagon of sloe gin, tastes 'andsome too![:D]

[quote user="woolybanana"]

Remember tonite is the shortest, when the devli's ride and try to hol back the light. But from now opn we crawl to the light, a minute or so per day, as we have turned the corner at last. Better temps are coming my dears. So, raise a glass to the coming warfmth and BE HAPPY

[/quote]

How many fingers do you use when you type?

[quote user="TWINKLE"][quote user="woolybanana"]

[/quote]

How many fingers do you use when you type?

[/quote]

[:D]

Actually you're all a day too early.

Unusually this year the shortest day is 22nd December because a 'year' is 365.25044 days (yeah I might have got the decimal places wrong.)

So all you druids that got up for sunrise yesterday should have done it today [:D]

As an aside, I really put my foot in it a few years back when at a party in early December. 

Hippy-Flower-child friends of a friend announced they were getting married on 21st December

Congrats all round then I heard someone say

'Oh, not on the solstice then?'

Stunned silence as I realised it was me that said it

'WHAT?'

Yeah  the soltice is on 22nd this year, odd innit?'

Exit previously happy couple now in tears.............  [8-)]

and wife saying 'couldn't you keep your trap shut just for once?'   [:(]

OK I stand corrected, the solstice this year was at 21st December 23:38  GMT / UT

I'm still not sure if that makes the 21st or the 22nd the shortest day though but no matter - the days get longer now!!!!

As for my party indescretion, I was right as it was 2003 and the solstice was at 22nd December 07:04  GMT / UT

[quote user="Pierre ZFP"]OK I stand corrected, the solstice this year was at 21st December 23:38  GMT / UT
I'm still not sure if that makes the 21st or the 22nd the shortest day though but no matter - the days get longer now!!!!

As for my party indescretion, I was right as it was 2003 and the solstice was at 22nd December 07:04  GMT / UT[/quote]

Are you perhaps confusing between the summer solstice 20th-21st and the winter solstice 21st-22nd.

The actual time of sun at Cancer & Capricorn varies within these slots.

Strange your friends getting married just before CHRISTmas.[;-)]

The first Lunar Ecliptical Solstice since 1638 this year...another reason for snow showers.