They really are havin' a larf..................

Bugsy

Aaaaah, what a lovely thing to do.   But don't spoil the idea/effect bothering with Interflora:  they really are "havin' a larf". I've had loads of problems in the past ordering flowers that way - all those details to give and extra charges and always knowing that you've  no idea what your romantic gesture is going to comprise by the time some unknown florist turns up with it at the destination. It seems it used to be the only option.  Now with the Internet, it's so much easier to choose from florists' websites in the town where the flowers are to be delivered. You avoid all those extra charges, you get to speak to the shop about what they actually have in stock, and the cost, and the design, and any little special touches you want.  You then get to put in an email (if you wish) precisely what you want to say on the card, and thus avoid spelling errors or someone not reading their own handwriting properly!  The result? You feel that you have actually had some control over the whole process and you're not annoyed that you could have spent more money on the flowers if you hadn't had to fork out so much on "other stuff".  [I]

Wouldn't she prefer a nice bunch of Leclerc roses and a shopping spree with the change?

I recently bought flowers for my mother in Ireland. First try was interflora, who (after taking the payment) emailed back asking for confirmation of the date, then a couple of days later emailed to say they couldn't deliver to her area.

Second try was a florists local to her. I said I didn't mind what flowers were included as long as there were some fresias (her favourite flower). €50. No fresias and a pretty pathetic bunch of flowers.

For my daughter's 30th birthday I wanted to send thirty roses.  The price mentioned on the website was £1/rose making the bill £30.00 (well, you are only thirty once in your life).  However, the said birthday fell on Mothers Day and the price of the roses rose to £3/rose[:-))] Well, she had just come back from a tour of duty in Irak so £90 seemed to be money well spent.  But only once!!

[quote user="Keni"]Lidl has my vote - a miniature potted rose bush - remember that red means I love you, white however is forever! Then I ask him for his credit card - and I know he loves me!! x[/quote]

He certainly does. He must have friends in high places.

I've only been able to use a debit card [Www]