Rehearsing a wedding

idun

OK. Why does a bride need to feel special and pampered.

Because it it is supposed to be among your happiest days when (perhaps for the only time_ you will be the centre of attention, and why not for goodness sake ? Who knows what lay ahead, enjoy a bit of pampering when you can !

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've started packing this morning for a trip to UK. I'll be watching the celebration on the internet plus packing, before heading out for a late lunch with friends, although a French neighbour is insisting that she's bringing her TV along the corridor so we can see a larger picture. The champagne is in the fridge, the glasses are out ready - and I'm going to enjoy it.

My concerns are that all the excitement will put to an end the normal life that the young couple have been able to lead to a certain extent on Anglesey.

I put Aljazeera on at 5 this morning as it had news on it. Went back to bed later, and now husband is talking to the tv, something about sinking ships, Estonia etc.

Do you know Bugsy, that a lot of women just feel the same when their men folk 'must have' the football on, apparently every single match must be watched. I am lucky, no one watches footie in my house.

Now, Kate Middleton is perhaps the one woman in the UK and maybe the world today, who will be the centre of attention and pampered for the rest of her life. This would happen even if they had just popped to the local registry office.

I agree RH that women often could do with pampering and being treat as if they are special, but that is a lifelong thing surely?

[quote user="sweet 17"]Bugs, you have deafened me and I can see your tonsils![:-))][/quote]

I don't believe this but just after I posted that my internet went down [:(]

Line problem now fixed.

I was forced to watch the TV. [:P]

Have you spotted the two daughters of Fergie in the crowd. [:D] Now I don't know who dressed them or told them they look good, but they look like a couple of 'Aunt Sally' dolls.

[quote user="Bugsy"]Have you spotted the two daughters of Fergie in the crowd. [:D] Now I don't know who dressed them or told them they look good, but they look like a couple of 'Aunt Sally' dolls.

[/quote]

Excuse me, Bugs, but what are Aunt Sally dolls and what do they look like, please?

[quote user="sweet 17"]

[quote user="Bugsy"]Have you spotted the two daughters of Fergie in the crowd. [:D] Now I don't know who dressed them or told them they look good, but they look like a couple of 'Aunt Sally' dolls.

[/quote]

Excuse me, Bugs, but what are Aunt Sally dolls and what do they look like, please?

[/quote]

When anyone mentions Aunt Sally, I always think of Una Stubbs who played her so well in Worzel Gummidge. Think of the ugly sisters from a pantomine version of Cinderella, and you'll have an idea.[Www]

edit: Our posts crossed Bugsy.

Well, all the rehearsing wasn't in vain, she didn't trip over her dress, muck up the words, race her father down the aisle. She looked "radiant", he looked happy, i found myself smiling at them. (They couldn't see me, they were on telly)

I have hopes for them, that they move the monarchy forward so that royals become more like those in Denmark or Holland  where they get on with their lives largely uninterrupted by photo lenses being stuck in their faces every time they go outside of their front door. I'd like them to dispel the myth of importance that our royal family seems to feel about themselves. Let them be men and women first, mums and dads, friends and colleagues, and maybe princes and princesses in their spare time.

Oh, and may they never feel the need to take out super injunctions.

Yes, britgirl, sadly and I know it is not their fault, but when I see Prince Andrew's daughters I often wonder if Cendrillon has been left at home.

It isn't just their looks really, they never seem very pleasant either. Whereas Zara Phillips always looks full of life.

Yes, britgirl, sadly and I know it is not their fault, but when I see

Prince Andrew's daughters I often wonder if Cendrillon has been left at

home.

It isn't just their looks really, they never seem very pleasant either. Whereas Zara Phillips always looks full of life.

Yes, she stayed at home and loved watching it all on T.V.[:)]

Anyway, she's off to join a street party now and very much enjoying the happy day !

I am not interested in weddings generally and I was determined to carry on working until the flypast. However, I ended up watching, no real reason except an excuse to not work !!!!

The Bride looked very pretty, as did her sister. William looked his normal self, the flypast was a non event really, whats wrong with a bit of rebelliousness and 200 ft down the mall on full burner ? Yes, its against the rules but.........(especially if you are on 'the list' for an ex-career.)