Films you recommend

krusty

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have just watched the heart stopping C'etait un Rendezvous by Claude Lelouch, A manic drive in the early morning through Paris allegedly in a 275gtb, though the car and driver are not identified, and I can guess why; the sound track alone was enthralling music, (rev rises as the car leaps over yumps), absolutely spellbinding.

I need a cup of coffee before I watch it again![:-))]

''Better than any chase scene ever filmed, because it's real:- Cur & Drivel

In 1976, French film director Claude Lelouch attached a camera to the front bumper of a 6.9 and drove it at high speed through the streets of Paris at daybreak. The resulting nine-minute one-take cinéma vérité film, C'était un rendez-vous, was greeted with moral outrage over the apparent risks taken by Lelouch as he sped past pedestrians and other vehicles. However, the sound of a five gear Ferrari 275GTB was dubbed over the three gear 6.9.

James Hunt won 1976 Formula One French Grand Prix held at Paul Ricard on July 4, 1976. (6 French drivers competed)

James Hunt owned a Mercedes-Benz 450SEL 6.9 . . . .[:D]

Shame the sound is dubbed, if you dont believe me compare the audio level where he passes under a tunnel and between the high buildings it is no different to anywhere else, if it were really that loud just a blip of the throttle would have sent all the pigeons within half a mile into the air.

Watch it again without the sound and it doesnt seem anywhere near as fast. Remeber all the tyre squealing and drifting, can you see the car even once step out of line under braking or getting  the power down coming out of the corners?

Great entertainment though, thanks for posting the link [:D]

• 1 month later...
Not a film , but now a box set from the 70s ....Rich Man Poor Man . Stands the test of time and was still very watchable with Peter Strauss and what was probably the first outing for Nick Nolte.

Are you like me and my wife , thought the baddie`s name was Falcon Eddy ?

Turns out it is Falconetti .

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...