Which engagement ring

Mr Coeur de Lion

I agree. Single stone, simple setting.

Edit: Agree with tough setting too. Wife lost the stone from her ring, on the beach, less than a week after I presented it. Very upsetting.

Fantastic jeweller, Mr. Mazuchelli, in Perth, Australia, replaced the stone FOC!!!

[quote user="Mr Coeur de Lion"]Is that because you are an expensive woman kitty? ;)[/quote]

It wasn't the reason I picked the second one - I just prefer that one.

But my OH would agree I am expensive I suppose

Stands back in amazement. No one has ever given me an engagement ring, nor offered me one. So you men know far more about this than I do.

A friend of ours in the last few years has asked me to marry him twice, but that is only when I feed him pies and he knows I am married anyway. And no one else has asked me to marry them, ever!

My canadian Aunt would thoroughly approve of the price range you are looking at, she once explained to me as to how important it was to have a good  ring at a 'proper' price. And looked at my hands disapprovingly. I have some rings, but I don't wear rings on my hands usually.

Of the two, I prefer the look of the second as it could also be a lovely pendant. But as the very knowledgable people on here have said, a classic single stone is not a bad idea either.

What ever you get, I hope she likes it. But more importantly, have a long and  happy relationship, which to me is actually more important than jewellery.

Thanks idun. Of course the relationship is most important and I am sure that it will be a success. I have the determination to make it so, and I know she does too. We're going in the same direction.

She likes both and cannot choose between the two so I have to choose (I already have in fact). Her office is split between the two too.

She will be wearing it everyday, even when we are married. I've also go the lifetime warranty with it so if there are any breakages etc it's fully covered.

I buy my wifelet jewelry from a goldsmith that makes bespoke pieces and I have never paid that much!

It would pay to go see it what you can get made in Birmingham, buy the diamond direct.

There is a massive mark up on commercially made pieces and it's only then worth the scrap value.

If she's a special lady get a ring made just for her!

Hoddy, you remind me of the little man (when I was a child) who ate every day alone in a little restaurant in Staines.  Every time the waitress asked him what he would like for dessert, he always answered "a little of each if I may".  Funny how you remember such things from when you were a kid!