Things ain't what they used to be....

mint

Take Kit-Kats...

OH bought some Kit-Kats and, after idun has been rabbiting on about chocolate yearnings on another thread, I decided I'd nick one of his bars.

eeeeeyyyyuuuck!  They don't look or taste like they used to.

And, they are not as big.

And they are made in Germany.

I no longer want to "have a break, have a kit-kat".  I think I'll go back to clearing up the hedge clippings.

There's an old saying. "Never go back". I have applied that to much of my life, including chocolate too.

I prefer the memory to revisiting the past, because everytime I have revisited the past, it was never as I remember it and always left me disappointed.

It's why I will never return to the UK again, why I will never eat another Double Decker and why I will never watch Pulp Fiction for a second time.

The memory is better.

[quote user="Pickles"][quote user="Bugsy"]Fishermens Friend are just the same as they always were.

.[/quote]

And that's a good thing in WHAT way, precisely?[Www]

Regards

Pickles

[/quote]

Where, exactly, in my comment do I say anything about it being a good thing Pickles?

But, now you mention it, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.[Www]

It surely goes for shuttle launches.  Saw the very last shuttle launch on TV today and I can confirm that the excitement and anticipation of perhaps something going wrong weren't anything like they were.

Everything is either predictably good or, as nomoss has pointed out, predictably not so good.

Perhaps it's a case of having seen it all and not many surprises left?

I bought some Uncle Joe's Mint Balls recently. Not only did they taste just the same, they tasted so good, I went back and bought more.

That's two threads that have awakened an urge to set forth in search of sweet things. I foresee that tonight will end in a chocolate-eating frenzy. I blame Sweets and idun.

[quote user="You can call me Betty"]I bought some Uncle Joe's Mint Balls recently. Not only did they taste just the same, they tasted so good, I went back and bought more.

That's two threads that have awakened an urge to set forth in search of sweet things. I foresee that tonight will end in a chocolate-eating frenzy. I blame Sweets and idun.
[/quote]

I bought aniseed balls recently and they were as good as ever, even with that funny little 'bit' of something or other in the centre.I only bought 2ozs and in fact that was enough,they last and last and last and would be a good sweetie for a long journey.

[quote user="Rabbie"]Nostalgia not's what it used to be[:)][/quote]

Nice one, Rabbie![:D]

Pacha, so THAT'S why you took a break in Tenbury Wells!

Actually, I do like that part of the country and I might be tempted to take a walking holiday there when time and money permit.

Peardrops are not the same - using chemical flavourings - same as rhubarb and custard and pineapple drops!

Flying saucers on the other hand....(my throats already salivating thinking about them!)

[quote user="nomoss"][quote user="idun"][quote user="nomoss"]

Eveything is going to hell.

Even sex isn't as good as it was a few years ago [:D]

[/quote]

Good grief they haven't started messing with the recipe for that too have they???????

[/quote]

Yup. http://www.askmen.com/dating/love_tip_250/250_love_tip.html

[/quote]

Well I didn't expect that. I reckon anyone trying to blindfold me'd be wearing dark glasses from a week after bumping into a cupboard, isn't that what they say?[6]  And that was after  I had only half read the first page, aren't going to read any further!