Murdoch Empire's new low

NormanH

Why is it that Freemasons act the fool, demand defintive evidence, bring up spurious debate, boast of charity, just about anything but debate exactly how they operate within society? They make sure they adopt positions of power and use this to their own ends or the ends of Freemasonry.

The first dead body has been found associated with this scandal - how many more?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Dog"]Why is it that Freemasons act the fool, demand defintive evidence, bring up spurious debate, boast of charity, just about anything but debate exactly how they operate within society? They make sure they adopt positions of power and use this to their own ends or the ends of Freemasonry. The first dead body has been found associated with this scandal - how many more?[/quote]

But the FIA declare it to be not suspicious.

[quote user="Dog"]Why is it that Freemasons act the fool, demand defintive evidence, bring up spurious debate, boast of charity, just about anything but debate exactly how they operate within society? They make sure they adopt positions of power and use this to their own ends or the ends of Freemasonry.

The first dead body has been found associated with this scandal - how many more?[/quote]

Having known a few Freemasons in my time (I was related by marriage to a fairly senior one), I have come to view them as little more than a buffer's drinking club. I suspect many of them quite like the aura of secracy and influence that goes with the silly business; I equally suspect that that influence - if it ever did amount to anything -amounts to very little today.

In most Western societies, the real power and the passage of that power is held in the hands of the graduates of certain elite schools and universities. It is perhaps that that we should regard with a less than begnin eye.

I've no idea whether there will be more bodies, but I fear that those in power - and not only in the UK - will use this whole sorry business to curtail the proper job of journalists, ie documenting the foibles and excesses of those same graduates. Worry about the alumni, not the illuminati.

[quote user="Clarkkent"]I've got to admit, Q, but that is extremely authoritative and convincing evidence you've got there. You do know that Charles T Russell, the founder of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is buried under a pyramid, don't you? That means that Jehovah's Witnesses are the secret intelligence service of the new world order - after all, apart from the Royal Mail, they are the only organisation which visits every household on a regular basis ...[/quote]

We have a couple living next door who are JW's, next time I have the step ladders out I will look over the fence and do a bit of pyramid spotting [;-)] . Was it Greece where you use to buy those china 'eye' things in the turrist shops to take back and hang on your wall for good luck? Does that mean they are all illuminati there? If so then judging based on more resent fiscal events they are not so bright or powerful as some would lead us to believe. Anyway I am glad my link bought a few smiles. [:D]

[quote user="Quillan"]

[quote user="Clarkkent"]I've got to admit, Q, but that is extremely authoritative and convincing evidence you've got there. You do know that Charles T Russell, the founder of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is buried under a pyramid, don't you? That means that Jehovah's Witnesses are the secret intelligence service of the new world order - after all, apart from the Royal Mail, they are the only organisation which visits every household on a regular basis ...[/quote]

We have a couple living next door who are JW's, next time I have the step ladders out I will look over the fence and do a bit of pyramid spotting [;-)] . Was it Greece where you use to buy those china 'eye' things in the turrist shops to take back and hang on your wall for good luck? Does that mean they are all illuminati there? If so then judging based on more resent fiscal events they are not so bright or powerful as some would lead us to believe. Anyway I am glad my link bought a few smiles. [:D]

[/quote] Another off topic post, and not remotely amusing in my opinion- totally ignoring the first death associated with the Murdochs and the phone hacking scandal.

[quote user="The Riff-Raff Element"][quote user="Dog"]Why is it that Freemasons act the fool, demand defintive evidence, bring up spurious debate, boast of charity, just about anything but debate exactly how they operate within society? They make sure they adopt positions of power and use this to their own ends or the ends of Freemasonry. The first dead body has been found associated with this scandal - how many more?[/quote]

Having known a few Freemasons in my time (I was related by marriage to a fairly senior one), I have come to view them as little more than a buffer's drinking club. I suspect many of them quite like the aura of secracy and influence that goes with the silly business; I equally suspect that that influence - if it ever did amount to anything -amounts to very little today.

In most Western societies, the real power and the passage of that power is held in the hands of the graduates of certain elite schools and universities. It is perhaps that that we should regard with a less than begnin eye.

I've no idea whether there will be more bodies, but I fear that those in power - and not only in the UK - will use this whole sorry business to curtail the proper job of journalists, ie documenting the foibles and excesses of those same graduates. Worry about the alumni, not the illuminati.
[/quote]

Yes, Riff-Raff, I do tend to agree that alumni are a problem, but let us not accuse merely our elite universities, for they do allegedly contain the best brains amongst us; we might also choose unions, regions or countries, races or even sexes to forming coteries, besides the much maligned Masons, Lions and Roundtablers(sic).

In fact there is no way we can eliminate these groups and obtain some sort of utopian ideal, but by having a more open society, we can at least mitigate their influence.

(I do hear that people with first class honours in Pure Chemistry from Oxbridge are a great power broking group and as elite as they come. Any truth in this?[6])

[quote user="woolybanana"]

(I do hear that people with first class honours in Pure Chemistry from Oxbridge are a great power broking group and as elite as they come. Any truth in this?[6])

[/quote]

I really couldn't say - I went to Bristol  [:)]  Well-known contempories of mine include Lembit Opik (mostly famous for inserting himself into a Cheeky Girl) and BBC weather girl Helen Young, neither of whom would know me from Adam. My influence is limited to the choice of tomato variety we grow on this manor. Mind you, in that sphere my word is law.  [;-)]

[quote user="Dog"][quote user="Quillan"]

[/quote] Another off topic post, and not remotely amusing in my opinion- totally ignoring the first death associated with the Murdochs and the phone hacking scandal.[/quote]

Oh dear, fine when you do it but not if somebody else does it. Pot calling the kettle black comes to mind. It's not nice when somebody pokes fun at YOU is it. Anyway as you suggested back to the thread. [:P]

[quote]Another off topic post, and not remotely amusing in my opinion- totally ignoring the first death associated with the Murdochs and the phone hacking scandal. [/quote]

No one has yet stated that the death of Sean Hoare has anything to do with the phone hacking scandal or the Murdochs or is anything more than a coincidence. Why not wait until it is known why and how he died before making such assertions? (And anyway, wasn't the first death that of poor, tragic, innocent Milly?)

You were the one who introduced the red herring of Freemasonry into this topic by referring to another site and an article containg the single sentence:

[quote]According to journalists and investigators who worked with him, Rees exploited his position as a freemason to make links with masonic police officers who illegally sold him information on targets chosen by the News of the World, the Sunday Mirror and the Daily Mirror.[/quote]

There may be other places where Freemasonry may be influential, but in Great Britain it is (as Riff-Raff indicated) a marginal and unimportant (to all except its members) men's club.

I was unaware of being made fun of - I thought you were making a fool of yourself. I am sorry if you felt people were poking fun of you - but you do ask for it very often. Pot-kettle-black is not very PC these days old chap.

Will you be watching the grillings on TV this afternoon?

[quote user="NickP"]I love it! Murdoch says " this is the most humbling day of my life" and very soon someone hits him in the face with a "custard pie" Pure comedy, shame that it is a very serious business.[/quote]

But Nick, he didn't say "humbling".  I'd have felt more sympathetic towards him if he had.  He said "humble day" thereby making me cringe!

Anyway he's clearly losing his marbles (Isn't the attacker one named Marbles?[:D])

[quote user="The Riff-Raff Element"]  ...  I went to Bristol  [:)]  Well-known contempories of mine include Lembit Opik (mostly famous for inserting himself into a Cheeky Girl) and BBC weather girl Helen Young, ... [/quote]

Actually Sian Lloyd of the ITV weather stable of fillies. Lamb in Orbit is well known in them parts of the world. Use to see him often with his 'girlfriends' at the local supermarket. The local joke was that he never knew which of the Cheeky Girls was 'hanging around' for favours. Certainly made a fool of his-self and it cost him his parliamentary seat, to which, in a welsh TV interview, he cried out was the fault of  the journos and newspapers and media to have painted a less than unfair picture of him. The truth is that the old liberal guard of the county just couldn't cope with his many ladies admirers taking precedence over important issues in the constituency, never mind what the papers said.

I know that I'm not blessed with terrific knowledge of politics but can someone explain to me why it was felt appropriate to use Keith Vaz as one of the interviewers seeking out the truth in this fiasco.

Have they forgotten his involvement with the MPs expenses lies, his involvement with the Hinduja Brothers visa applications and numerous other dodgy dealings.

A fine honest politician NOT.