Brundle the Betrayer?

just john

[quote user="just john "]

I won't be following him to Sky, can't believe he would join that bunch of nefarious ne'er-do-well's.[:P]

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/8940173/Sky-Sports-unveil-Formula-One-team-fronted-by-Martin-Brundle-Georgie-Thompson-and-Steve-Rider.html

[/quote]

So I take it you have had the same job since you have left school? The man is entitled to work for whoever he wants to; and who will pay the best money. Also I don't think that you not watching sky will exactly drop the share prices. I hope you haven't got a Sky + box John? [:P]

[quote user="cooperlola"]

Reminds me of the priceless Michael Caine quote about Jaws the Revenge:

"I have never seen it [the film], but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific!"

[/quote]

[:D] Reminds me of this old Joke,

Him - ''Would you sleep with me for a €100,000?''
Her - ''Yes darling of course''
Him - ''Howabout for just a few drinks?''
Her - ''Zoot alors! What do you think I am?''
Him - ''We've established what you are, we're just negotiating the fee . . . ''

Besides the morality of working for people who hack dead peoples phones, I don't like the company he's in, Steve Rider? Jeez . . .

[quote user="AnOther"]Who 'follows' Martin  Brundel anyway ?
[/quote]Nobody I guess (although he's one of Britain's best ever sports car drivers, imho - a different skill from F1 as Mr Mansell proved!) but the commentators do make a difference to the sporting experience.  I've rather enjoyed the Brundle/Coulthard mix - good to have accurate, informed and  entertaining commentary for a change.   Honestly I don't care too much, just so long as the Beeb doesn't bring Murray W*nk*r or James Allen out of retirement.[:-))]

[quote user="cooperlola"]  he's one of Britain's best ever sports car drivers, imho,  but the commentators do make a difference to the sporting experience.  I've rather enjoyed the Brundle/Coulthard mix - good to have accurate, informed and  entertaining commentary for a change.   Honestly I don't care too much, just so long as the Beeb doesn't bring Murray W*nk*r or James Allen out of retirement.[:-))][/quote]

God forbid - BBCf1 web site makes no mention . . . funny that

You don't think Bernie's setting it up for Tamara . . .[:-))]

[quote user="cooperlola"]  The buzz at PitPass is that Legard /Coulthard is the likely combo.   ![/quote]

God, have they no imagination, I'll bet JL can't believe it, nor do I, I'd go in the garage and listen to Radio 5 live but the mafioso at sly have nicked Davidson as well. Wouldn't it be good to get Pat Symonds! I've always liked his style and he is free til 2013[Www]

Latest info' does confirm that the dreaded Mr Allen will be back at the Beeb although in which capacity (pits or main commentator) I don't know for sure.  Cravitz has gone to Sky along with Davidson and Brundle so that leaves the Beeb with (by my calculations!) Allen, Ledyard, Couthard and Watson to choose from if any or all of them is available/interested.  Typically, it's the non-insiders Allen and Ledyard whom they are most likely to use as I guess they're just cheaper (and it's easy to see why!)

[quote user="cooperlola"]Latest info' does confirm that the dreaded Mr Allen will be back at the Beeb although in which capacity (pits or main commentator) I don't know for sure.  Cravitz has gone to Sky along with Davidson and Brundle so that leaves the Beeb with (by my calculations!) Allen, Ledyard, Couthard and Watson to choose from if any or all of them is available/interested.  Typically, it's the non-insiders Allen and Ledyard whom they are most likely to use as I guess they're just cheaper (and it's easy to see why!)[/quote]

Quite so Coops, there are alternatives to the (commentator pits ) if only they could think out of the box, Howabout Barichello and Symonds, I think they're both free and would knock the socks off Sly's team. Where's the BBC forum that I could post this for them to come up with the idea I haven't got round to tweeting yet[:P]

[quote user="just john "]

[quote user="cooperlola"]Latest info' does confirm that the dreaded Mr Allen will be back at the Beeb although in which capacity (pits or main commentator) I don't know for sure.  Cravitz has gone to Sky along with Davidson and Brundle so that leaves the Beeb with (by my calculations!) Allen, Ledyard, Couthard and Watson to choose from if any or all of them is available/interested.  Typically, it's the non-insiders Allen and Ledyard whom they are most likely to use as I guess they're just cheaper (and it's easy to see why!)[/quote]

Quite so Coops, there are alternatives to the (commentator pits ) if only they could think out of the box, Howabout Barichello and Symonds, I think they're both free and would knock the socks off Sly's team. Where's the BBC forum that I could post this for them to come up with the idea I haven't got round to tweeting yet[:P]

[/quote]If the Beeb ever looks outside the usual suspects that would be some miracle.  My fave commentator is without a doubt  Richard Nichols outside the professional driver ranks but if they imported the entire V8 Supercars commentary team from Oz they could do a lot worse!

Much  better news this morning.  Ben Edwards has been poached from ITV (he does MSUK apart from other things) and he will share race commentary with DC.  So it looks like JA will be back in the pits which actually, I don't think he was so bad at - he only went down hill after he took on the main job, imho.

I've always thought commentary is better with a drivers perspective, John Watson, James Hunt (especially), M. Brundle, even DC (though he needs a bit more attitude) [6] I feel they've missed a trick with so many young and retired drivers around they could sensibly pick one up.

[quote user="just john "]I've always thought commentary is better with a drivers perspective, John Watson, James Hunt (especially), M. Brundle, even DC (though he needs a bit more attitude) [6] I feel they've missed a trick with so many young and retired drivers around they could sensibly pick one up.[/quote]Yes, I think they probably had to keep DC for this reason but I agree they could do with somebody less bland.  I thought he sparked quite well off Brundle - let's see how he gets on with Edwards.

I do like Watson myself but he's probably a bit old to attract today's audience and DC's better known.  It's hard to tell how a pairing will work so I'll reserve judgement for the moment but I do like Edwards.  When he shares the commentary with Laurence Tomlinson and/or Tim Harvey it works really well.